17

To say that Endeavor was an ass was an understatement. Even if Todoroki hadn't said anything about him you could tell just by the way he carried himself. It gave you the strong urge to walk on eggshells whenever he was around. You grew to dislike him all the more when you saw how he talked to your classmate. Like he was an object to be used and not a human being.

You were only half way through the day when you couldn't take it anymore. "I understand that we're interning," you cut him off after he'd started berating Todoroki for something small again. "But he's also your son. You should treat him like it. Sir," you added the last part bitterly.

"Y/N, stop it," Todoroki stared at you as if you had sprouted a second head.

"You should listen to my son," the pro hero towered over you now. "I can terminate your time here just as easily as I sent the offer. Is that what you want?"

"Being a bully won't stop me from standing up to you," you glared back at Endeavor.

"Y/N," Todoroki hissed.

"I accepted your offer for a reason. To learn from one of the best, not to watch my friend, your son, be put down and belittled for small mistakes. You may be the number two hero but you're a shit person. It's no wonder he doesn't use his fire. I wouldn't either with a father like you." You took a calming breath. "I'll see myself out."

"Don't Y/N," Todoroki insisted.

You ignored him and would've made it out of the room if the ice didn't bite into your ankles and up to your knees. "You release me right now Shoto Todoroki or I swear I will bring you to your knees," you turned your anger on your classmate your quirk activating as if on impulse.

"There it is," Endeavor stalked towards you a predatory smile etched on his face. You ignored him as he circled you as if you were a display piece and kept you glare focused on his son.

"Release me," you demanded. It was Endeavor who used his own Hellfire to rid you of the ice trappings. "Next time ask if you want to see something," you snapped at the pro hero. "Don't send your son to do your dirty work."

"She has a temper," Endeavor noted seeming pleased with the idea.

"This is new," Todoroki frowned. Whether it was confusion or concern you couldn't tell.

"Show me what you can do with your quirk." Endeavor spoke.

"No." You deactivated your quirk, the purple mist dissipated as quickly as it appeared.

"That wasn't a request."

"I don't care what it was I'm not using my quirk for your amusement!"

"Do it!" He growled.

"Not a chance."

"You will show me before the end of the day," his smile sent shivers down your spine.

"Not if I have anything to say about it."

He shoved you, the force of it nearly knocking you to the floor. You stared at him in bewilderment.

"Father stop this!"

"Stay back, Shoto," Endeavor took one step to close the distance between the two of you and shoved you again. You yelped when you hit the wall, it shook from the force. "Do it!" He demanded.

You were shocked when his fist connected with the wall beside your head, the impact rattling your teeth. He stared at you, his face inches in front of yours. "Next time I won't miss."

"Don't threaten me," you managed to keep your voice from shaking as you stepped from the wall. "As I said before, I'll see myself out."

"That's twice you've turned your back on me." The heat at your back was sweltering, Endeavor's rage peaking. Pain flared through your body as you landed harshly face first on the ground. "Get up!"

You stared at the white boots a few feet in front of you and blew out an angry breath of air before standing. Your eyes met Todoroki's. When you couldn't read them you turned slowly to look at Endeavor.

He grabbed you by the collar and pressed your back against the nearest wall. You let your feet dangle, grasping at his wrist to keep yourself from choking. Your sternum felt like it was going to break with the pressure he was putting on it to hold you up. "Do it!" He demanded again.

"No," you whimpered at the pain.

"You. Are. Weak."

"I was weak when my quirk developed," you corrected. "I was even when school started and I was still weak when my father kicked me out after the sports festival. But I am not weak now." Even now, with as angry as he was getting you glared at him.

Endeavor smirked. "We'll see about that."

When he released you you bent over with a hand  on your knee, rubbing your chest to ease the pain away. Endeavor beckoned his son over and you were surprised to see Todoroki oblige without hesitation. Still bent over you watched as he sent an uppercut straight into his son's stomach.

You saw red and went for his ankle, grabbing it between both hands. The purple mist swirled and danced around his calf. After ten seconds the pro hero dropped to one knee, his flames going out one by one as you depleted his stamina. Another  handful of seconds and the last flame went out before you let him go.

You no longer felt the pain in your chest and back as you moved to your friend's side. He was on his hands and knees still struggling to control his breathing. With a small thought the mist around your hand shifted from purple to blue/green. "You're okay," you murmured as you placed a gentle hand on his back.

Anger and hatred boiled under your hand. Ignoring it as best as you could you tried to focus on healing your friend. As it was it took longer for your healing ability to do its job than for Fatigue to do its damage.

The pro hero watched you from where he sat as his son's breathing returned to normal. "Fascinating."

"You're a piece of work," you shot at him.

"It's no use." Even though his gaze was turned away from you, the anger rolling off Todoroki's voice was evident enough.

Endeavor's breathing was labored when he spoke next. "So are you." You weren't sure if it was meant as an insult or not and just scowled as you allowed yourself to sit beside Todoroki. "I knew there was more to you than what we saw at the sports festival." You shared a confused look with your classmate. "You pulled yourself from the bracket even though you won. You were the underdog in every way. The crowd wanted you to continue. I didn't think you'd actually accept my offer but here we are."

"I told you before," you rolled your eyes but shifted  to help the man. Even though he deserves to heal on his own, you thought bitterly. I can't stand by and do nothing. "I accepted your offer to have an opportunity to learn from one of the best."

"You took me down with your own two hands," Endeavor reminded you but you ignored him and laid a hand on his arm. His flames returned a couple of minutes later and he stood. "And you've brought me back with those same hands. Get some rest you two, we're going out tonight."