26

An hour later you were cheering Kirishima and Tetsutetsu on. "Come on you two!" You clapped from where you stood at their finish line. "Let me see everything you've got! Don't hold back on me!" Friendly races between the classes had started as soon as everyone else had started to wake up for training.

"Here they come!" Kaminari stepped up near you for a better look, a smile on his face.

It was by far the closest finish of all the races and deemed a tie until after you'd all eaten breakfast. "That was a lot of fun, Y/N," Midoriya told you while you were eating.

"Yeah, great idea!" Kendo added from behind you.

"It wasn't all that great," Monoma put in. "Not coming from someone from 1-A."

"You do understand that we're all here to develop our quirks, not be at each other's throats, right?" You turned around and raised an eyebrow at him. "Besides no one made you partake. You did that of your own free will."

The boy gave you a smirk through his laugh you. "You're cute."

"Jealous, are you?" Try me. You dared silently.

"Of you? Please," Monoma waved a dismissive hand. "How could I be jealous of someone with a quirk like yours. I mean, look at you, all you can do it heal. What about your combat abilities? Oh yeah," his smiled turned devious. "You have that other ability, don't you? Killer?"

Stunned in a moment of silence you felt bile rise in your throat. You heard the clatter of silverware and cups being dropped and hands slamming on the table. "Both of you sit down," you managed over your shoulder, knowing the noise came from Bakugo and Kirishima. Taking a moment to stifle your anger even an ounce the dining hall was still quiet when you spoke again. "I don't know what you think you know, Monoma," you glared at him. "But you'd better quit it before I shut you up myself."

"Hmpf," he grunted. "Gonna run home and cry to mama?" He smiled again as he feigned regret. "Oh wait, she's dead."

Anger, hot and boiling, had you moving in a flash. Before anyone could stop you, you had pulled him from his table by the collar and landed two good punches. His nose was broken and his blood adorned your knuckles. "That's enough!" Aizawa stormed towards where you stood over the boy, arm drawn back for a third swing.

"Don't you ever talk about my mother!" You growled through clenched teeth. Hot tears stained your cheeks as you released him.

"Y/N, that's enough," Aizawa helped Monoma to his feet.

"You've got a temper," Monoma smirked over Aizawa's shoulder at you.

"She has a temper," Endeavor's voice echoed in your ears.

"Y/N," Aizawa turned his attention to you.

"I'm fine," you heaved a hate filled sigh before brushing past him and slamming through the doors leading outside. You kicked at a small rock sending it across the clearing. You grabbed another and threw it with a yell.

"Y/N!"

"How dare he!" You shouted. "How dare he go and talk about her as if he knows anything!"

"I understand."

"How does he even know?"

"I don't know."

"It's not FAIR," you threw another rock.

"I know."

"Why?" You finally turned to look at him. "Aizawa why are people so careless and mean? If Monoma truly knows about my mom, why would he say something like that?"