29

Part of you had grown to dislike hospitals. Sure, your mom had worked at one and had allowed you to use your quirk under her supervision but what had they done for her? How many times were you going to have to be admitted or visit friends over the course of your life?

Regardless of your feelings of the place you couldn't bring yourself to leave. Instead, you poked your head into the rooms of your classmates but spent most of your time in Deku's room in an attempt to help Recovery Girl heal the boy.

That's where you were headed when you ran into Kirishima and Todoroki. "There you are!" Kirishima practically shouted, nearly making you dump your steaming mug all over him in fright. "You haven't been in the group chat since camp."

"I've been busy," you stifled a yawn as you spoke. "What are you guys doing here?"

"You were here when we visited yesterday too, have you been home?" Todoroki wondered. The bags under your eyes were more noticeable than they had been at camp.

"Not yet." You yawned again. "Recovery Girl and I have been taking shifts with Deku healing his wounds. He's still got casts on, bones take a while to heal even with quirks. I didn't see you yesterday, when did you come?"

"You were asleep when we came by, Recovery Girl told us to leave you alone. Said something about you not sleeping much the night before. Why don't you go home and rest," Kirishima suggested. The concern written on his face only deepening when you shook your head.

"I'll just sit around and complain about not being useful. At least here I can do something. Anyway, I assume you guys are here to see everyone again? I'm sure Momo would be happy to see you guys if you didn't visit her yesterday," you added with a small smile as you lead them through the halls.

"How about Toru and Jiro?" Kirishima asked.

"They're still unconscious," you sighed. "From what I can tell with my quirk they're both fine. Do you have any idea what that gas everyone was talking about was made of, Todoroki?"

"Just that you would pass out if you inhaled it," he gave a defeated shrug.

When you got to Momo's room you hung back by the doorway with Kirishima while Todoroki went in. "I never asked you how you were doing the other day," you began. "I was too consumed with my own emotions and trying to stay busy I didn't even think to see how his best friend was holding up. I'm sorry for that."

"That's why I'm here. It doesn't feel right sitting around at home doing nothing," Kirishima sighed. "I'm upset that I couldn't do anything to help, same as you. I want to go get him back."

"The pros are on it, you know that. But, yeah, I want to go out there too. Right now I feel like I'm needed here though. Deku's arms still need some work and his head wound is healing as best as it can."

"He looked pretty beat up when I saw him last," your friend agreed, crossing his arms. "You aren't overusing your quirk, are you?"

You couldn't help but smile. "You sound like Katsuki."

"He'd kill me if I let something happen to you."

"Shit," you snorted. "He'd kill me if I let something happen to me."

"Does that mean you've been careful?"

"Just this side of careful," you smirked. "Recovery Girl was given instruction from Aizawa to keep a close eye on me whenever I use my quirk."

"So you've used it whenever she's out of the room." Todoroki stated.

"Damn right," you pushed off the wall and made for Deku's room. "Between the two of us, he probably only needs another couple of hours of work before the doctor should clear him."