39

"Why didn't you tell me your birthday was tomorrow?" Bakugo asked as he stormed into your room unannounced. Uraraka was a step behind him waving her hands frantically.

"I'm sorry, I thought he already knew," she worried her lip.

"It's okay, Uraraka," you replied from the veranda. "I don't really celebrate my birthday, Katsuki."

"Change of plans this year!" Mina bounded into the room with her signature smile. "We're celebrating!"

"I really don't want you guys to go to the trouble."

"Come on!" Deku joined. "It'll be fun, Y/N!"

"Anyone else want to come in?" You threw your hands up in exasperation. "I don't like the fuss of celebrating my birthday."

"How about just a cake then?" Uraraka compromised.

"Just a cake?" You frowned and leaned Bakugo's arm, stealing some warmth. "No presents or surprises, please?"

"Consider it done," Bakugo shrugged. "At the very least I'm taking you out for dinner though."

You woke the next morning to your phone screaming out your ringtone. "Hello?" You garbled into the phone, your face still pressing into the mattress.

"Happy birthday!" Yui and Asher yelled waking you up that much more.

"Thanks guys," you groaned as you pushed yourself up and threw your legs over the side of the bed. "You're the best."

"You're sixteen now," Yui gushed. "What's the game plan?"

"Um, my friends said they're baking me a cake. And Katsuki is taking me out for dinner later."

"You don't sound very happy about that," Asher mentioned.

"You know I'm not overly fond of celebrating my birthday, bud," you sighed. " But I understand it's my first birthday with all of them around so I'll take the hit to make them happy."

"I'm sure today will be lovely," Yui told you. "We just wanted to wish you a happy birthday. We'll see you tomorrow, okay?"

"Okay, love you guys," you smiled.

"Love you too!" They echoed.

You shuffled from your room and made your way to the main floor. The smell of breakfast set your salivary glands into overdrive before you'd even descended the final staircase.

Poking your head around the corner to see who was making breakfast you were only marginally surprised to see Bakugo and Uraraka. The big surprise was that Deku was there too. Not that you were complaining, it was nice to see Deku and Bakugo in the same room without worrying.

"Whatchya makin'?" You asked as you stepped into the kitchen.

"Omelettes!" Uraraka and Deku chirped.

"Happy birthday, Hummingbird," Bakugo smirked from his spot at the stove.

Smiling you stepped up to him and planted a quick kiss to his cheek. "I assume this was your idea?"

"Of course it was."

"You're too nice to me," you chuckled and ran your hand over his back as you approached Deku. He was busy chopping ingredients. "Morning Deku."

"Happy birthday Y/N!" He greeted cheerfully. "Did you sleep well?"

"I did thanks," you smiled. "May I help?"

"I will break you if you let her touch anything," Bakugo barked. "It's your birthday, you are going to relax and enjoy the day."

"I don't need pampering," you snickered but let him have this one.