24

You kept your promise to Aizawa, your grades did go back to the normal low 'A' high 'B' you and every one of your teachers had grown accustomed to seeing. While you weren't training everyday you maintained a schedule and had a rest day every fourth day. The nightmares continued so you continued to run in the early mornings. As time past you grew to enjoy those runs and looked forward to them. When the nightmares stop the running will continue you vowed.

Finals had come and gone. Having been paired with Toru you provided distraction against Snipe while she had used her stealth to put the cuffs on him. All the running had helped your endurance so you were able to dodge his attacks longer, overall making the practical exam easy for the both of you to pass.

"You'll all need to prepare for training camp," Aizawa was telling your class. "We'll be there for a week so pack accordingly."

"We should go shopping for supplies together!" You barely heard Toru squeal in excitement as you left the classroom. You were too busy checking your messages on your phone.

"Uraraka, Katsuki? Stay back a moment?" You managed. "Kirishima, Mina and Todoroki you guys too, if that's okay?"

"What up?" Mina smiled.

"I got a text from my dad. He actually did it," you forced a smile through the heartache. "He signed over guardianship to Uraraka's parents."

"Why did he do that?" Todoroki asked.

"She asked him to," Kirishima explained.

"Since he's been a dirtbag if a parent since her mom died," Bakugo added.

Uraraka was quiet but smiling. Both of you had known it was coming, her parents had signed their portion of the forms the other day.

"I see," Todoroki nodded. "Well, if it's what you wanted I'm happy for you. I have somewhere to be though so I'll see you all at the bus for camp next week."

You watched him as he left, knowing he was going to visit him mom. You still hadn't told him about his father's proposal. "I'll see you at home okay?" You told Uraraka.

"Where are you going?" Bakugo caught up with you quickly.

"I just want to make sure Todoroki is alright," you explained.

"Icy Hot is fine," he decided. "Wanna come over for dinner tomorrow?"

"That sounds great actually," you smiled up at him. "I really like your mom's cooking."

"She likes having you in the kitchen," he agreed.

"Listen, Katsuki," you stopped and placed a hand on his chest. "I'm not sure you coming with me to check on Todoroki is the best thing right now."

"Why?"

"He's just started to open up to me and I don't want that to stop," you shrugged. "Everyone needs an ear to hear them now and again and I think he's finally found his. Does that make sense?"

"I guess," Bakugo sighed and glared at the grounds below you.

"Hey," you turned his face back to look at you. "You're still my number one, Katsuki."

"Damn right I am!" He hugged you tightly, making you laugh.

"Okay, okay," you kissed him quickly. "I need to go otherwise I'll never catch him."

"Text me hummingbird!" Bakugo called after you as you ran.

"Todoroki!" You were only a few yards back after a few minutes of playing catch up.

"What?" He asked when you were closer.

"You're going to see your mom right?"

"Yes." He nodded after a moment.