34

Having decided to take your time you strolled first through a park then through the market just to see if anything would happen to catch your eye. It had been awhile you told yourself, so you were curious to see what the shops owners had to offer. Plus, the seasons were changing. With summer coming to an end in a few weeks product would be rotating along with the weather.

On your way through the market you ran into a familiar face. "Asher!" You smiled in delight at seeing him and ruffled his increasingly unruly hair. "How's it going kiddo?"

"I'm a big kid now, Y/N," he huffed. Then he smiled up at you through thick lashes. "Mom and I are shopping for the week."

"All the way over here? Isn't there a market closer to where you guys moved?"

"Mom says this one has better stuff." He shrugged before brightening suddenly. "I saw you on TV a while ago! During the sports festival! I didn't know you were going to go to UA."

This kid, I swear, you thought with a laugh. "Well, now you know. Come on, lets figure out where your mom ran off to. Wanna ride on my shoulders?"

"What's UA like? What about that guy with the explosions? Are you in the same class? He looked so cool! And he won, remember? Oh! And that girl he battled! With the gravity, what's she like? How about that guy who can shoot ice and fire? It must be so cool to have All Might as one of your teachers! Is he as cool as on TV? He has to be, he's All Might!" Asher babbled endlessly as you strolled through the market. You were amazed that you were able to get a word in at all with his seemingly endless string of questions and remarks. "Did you get to pick a hero name yet? What is it? I want to tell all my friends I know you."

"Well I'm not a pro yet, Ash," you chuckled as you scanned the patrons. "But yes, we got to pick code names a few months ago before we had our internships."

"Really? So what's yours then Y/N?" You told him and you felt him slump over your head in disappointment. "That's it? Sounds kinda lame."

"Oh yeah punk?" You teased and reached up to grab him. In a flash you had him on his feet in front of you. "It's not the name that makes someone a hero Asher, it's their actions."

If he had heard you he made no attempt to show it. Instead his attention was on your arms. Dammit! Yanking the over-sized sleeves back over your scars you were sure he would ask about them, but hoped he wouldn't. He's always been intuitive and seeking answers for things he doesn't understand. It was for those reasons you weren't surprised when he pushed the sleeves back up your arms and gave you a frown. "You got hurt?"

With a sigh you dropped into a squat to be at his level. "I sure did buddy." A forced half smile turned up one side of your mouth when he took an arm and gently ran his middle and forefinger over the scar.

"Do they hurt? I fell off my bike once and hurt my elbow for a while."

"They did, really bad, when I first got hurt and for a couple of days after but not anymore." He's young but smart. He can handle hearing the truth.

"How did you get hurt?"

"I got burned by a bad guy. It's okay though Ash, because I helped save someone I care about. I don't mind that I got hurt because he's isn't in danger anymore."

"But you got hurt?" He glared when he had trouble comprehending what you meant.

"Do you remember when we went to the park with your friend Mei right before you moved?" He nodded, still confused. "Do you remember how another little boy tried to push her and you got in the way and ended up scraping your knees? You didn't tell anyone but your mom and I could tell you were proud of yourself for not letting Mei get hurt or bullied by that boy. It's the same with me when I got hurt for my friend," you smiled. "Does that make sense?"