12

You slept most of the weekend, waking only to eat and reassure Uraraka and the rest of your classmates that you were okay. Their texts came day in and day out. When Monday came you and Uraraka left your place, having wanted to get away from her parents for a little while.

"Katsuki," you smiled when you saw him leaning against the gate outside your building. "What are you doing here?"

"Walking you to school," he glanced at Uraraka. "If that's okay with you?"

"Of course you can join us," Uraraka smiled and walked ahead of you.

"How are you feeling today?" Bakugo stuffed his hands in his pockets.

"Better," you nodded. "Ready to be back in the swing of things. How are you? Did you get caught up on sleep?"

"I did end up sleeping a lot."

You sighed already dreading what you were about to ask. "Are we going to talk about it?" You wondered.

"Not here," he glanced at you from the corner of his eye. "But we will."

"Okay," you felt your cheeks flush as you smiled. "I never thanked you for helping me home last night." You noted after a couple minutes of silence.

"You don't have to thank me every time I walk you home, hummingbird."

"Maybe not," you chuckled. "But I'm going to anyway. I want you to feel appreciated." You caught him smile but he said nothing. "I do appreciate you, you know."

"I don't know what to say," he admitted, rubbing the back of his head. "I haven't had someone tell me that before."

"Just know that you are valued in a number of ways."

"You think so?"

"I know so, hedgehog," you gave him a cheesy smile. "I for one, value your honesty and loyalty. Among other things."

"What other things?"

"Oh, that's a secret," you teased. "Come on, we're going to be late if we don't hurry," you took his hand, tugging it as you picked up your pace to catch up with Uraraka.

"Y/N!" Kirishima enveloped you in a hug when you reached your desk. "It's good to see you up and moving."

"Thanks Kirishima," you smiled. "I should thank you again actually shouldn't I? You helped me out of the USJ, right?"

"He didn't have much of a choice," Todoroki told you. "Bakugo practically threw you into his arms before you passed out."

"You weren't here," Tokoyami interjected. "But Aizawa told us that while we survived that battle at the USJ our fight isn't over yet."

"What do you mean?" You turned to him, confused.

"The UA Sports Festival is right around the corner."

Your eyes widened. I completely forgot! I need to train.

That's exactly what you did too. You and Uraraka trained together every chance you got for the next couple of weeks. And if you couldn't train with her than you had sessions with Bakugo and Kirishima like you'd previously arranged.

"You guys kicked my ass," you grumbled one night, rubbing at a sore spot on your lower back.

"Hey, this was your idea," Bakugo shrugged. "I never said I'd go easy on you."

"I never asked you to either," you stuck your tongue out at him. "You alright, Kirishima?" You already had your quirk activated.

"I could use a pick me up," he decided after some thought.

"Happy to help," you stood behind him as he sat on the park bench. You lay your hands on his shoulders and focused, your eyes closed. Over the past couple of weeks you'd gotten stronger both physically and mentally. You gained more control on your quirk and it didn't wear you out as much anymore.

It was only a couple of seconds before you smiled, feeling that everything was back to normal. "There you go," you ruffled his hair and immediately regretted it. "Ew, take your sweat back! I have enough of my own." You laughed in disgust as you wiped your hand on his shirt.

"My turn," Bakugo pushed his friend out of the way and took his place.

"I can already tell your shoulders are tight again Katsuki," you scolded. "You need to find a healthy way to release your anger."

"Don't tell me what to do," he huffed. You smiled knowing he wasn't really angry with you.

"So tough," you said in your best guy voice then snickered. You composed yourself enough to use your quirk. "All better?"

"It's a shame you can't use your quirk on yourself," Kirishima mentioned. "You'd be unstoppable."

"I'm happy with how my quirk works," you shrugged. LIES. You had the same conversation at least once a week. "I'll be fine after a hot shower."

Katsuki walked you home again. It had become routine each night after school. He still hadn't brought up the kiss, much to your displeasure. So you were going to ask him about it tonight. "You're quiet tonight."

"Hmm? Oh, yeah, just got a lot on my mind," you mumbled. "The sports festival is next week and I'm a little worried is all."

"You've gotten better," Bakugo reminded you. "You have a great defensive game."

"Defense will only get me so far."

"You beat yourself up to much hummingbird," he threw an arm around your shoulders, pulling you into his side.

"I guess," you grumbled. If he took note of your tone he didn't say anything. At your door you turned to him, leaning against it. "It's been weeks Katsuki, can we talk about the kiss?"

He made a noise that sounded close to a groan. "I guess."

You rolled your eyes. "I just want to know what it means? Like, was it just a heat of the moment thing or do you have feelings for me? Do I just need to forget that it happened? Because if I'm being honest I think about it a lot. I mean you're super sweet and I think you're pretty handsome." Your voice trailed off in the end when you caught the look he was giving you.

"You're cute when you get flustered." You blushed at his words. "The truth is that I don't know," he shrugged.

"So, what then?" You glanced at your shoes. "Do we just pretend like it never happened?"

"No, definitely not," he stepped towards you hooking his finger under your chin to turn your face up towards his. "I know I told you we would talk about it, but I need more time. Is that alright?"

"I don't have much of a choice in the matter, do I?" You blinked.

"No, not really," he smirked before kissing your forehead. "I'll see you tomorrow."