11

"You're sure you're okay?" Bakugo asked after she'd gone.

"I'm better now," you reassured him. "Listen, about last weekend."

"Don't worry about it." It was his turn to sit on the edge of your bed, he even took your hand. "I never should have told you you were weak." You lowered your eyes. "I can't imagine the kind of strength you needed to have to run into a horde of villains not once but twice. They were right earlier, you know."

"About what?" You frowned and absently turned his hand over.

"You did help out a lot. Thirteen and Aizawa are going to ma-stop that!" He barked. There was no bite in his words. You had tried to heal his burns without him noticing and failed. "They've pretty much healed already anyway."

"What happened to your gloves and gauntlets?"

"They were destroyed by those stupid villains," he huffed. "Don't worry, they're being replaced. Your stuff too." You groaned remember losing your lunch on your boots. "I was scared you were going to be worse off," he admitted quietly.

That caught you off guard. "You were?"

"Of course, you dumb hummingbird!" There he is. "You looked like a zombie."

"Shut up, I did not!" You couldn't help but laugh.

"You did," he insisted. "You're eyes were sunken in and your cheeks were hollow. You had no color and you could barely stand on your own."

You remembered wanting to just fall over and sleep in the middle of battle. You had no idea just how bad you were until that first shock wave threw you. It had taken all your will power just to stand back up. "I'm sorry," you murmured.

"I'll kill you if you do it again."

"I was worried about you too," you confessed. "You and Kirishima disappeared right in front of me and I had no idea where you went or if you were okay. But I had to push my worry aside in order to help Thirteen and kept it aside while Aizawa needed help. And then you showed up, unscathed but for those burns."

"Why were you worried about me?"

You sighed and dropped your head back to look at the ceiling. "For being one of the smartest students in class you sure are dumb, Katsuki."

"WH-"

"Young man you need to leave so Y/N can get some rest," Recovery Girl entered the room.

"Actually I'm feeling fine," you told her as Bakugo stood from your bed. "I think I can go home."

"Do you have a ride?"

"N-no, my dad is working nights."

"I'll get her home," Bakugo interjected. "She lives close by so it's no big deal."

"Very well."

You stood on shaky legs after dressing in your own clothes. Bless you Uraraka for bringing me street clothes. You shuffled to the door.

Bakugo took your arm, looping it through his even after you protested. "You've been laying in a bed for the past four days. I'm helping you."

"Fine," you huffed.

"Do you want to fall on your face?"

"No, I just feel stupid."

"You're not stupid."

You looked at him. Really looked at him. He had bags under his eyes, like he hadn't slept in a while. While his shoulders were usually squared and confident they now sagged.

"Tell me the truth, Katsuki, how are you?"

He looked at you, startled by the question. "I'm tired," he finally told you. "I've barely slept since the USJ incident."

"Were you that worried?"

You didn't press him when he didn't answer you. Instead you walked silently and enjoyed the fresh air and the breeze in your hair.

"Uraraka lives in the same building as me," you told him when you were approaching your home.

"I'm not leaving you until you're with her," Bakugo said stubbornly. You didn't argue, just lead him to her door. Before you could knock he pulled you into a hug. "I was very worried."

You hugged him back, letting his warmth consume you. "I'm okay." You didn't know what else to say.

His heart raced in your ear. Accelerated but otherwise healthy. Fear. And anger? You smiled and closed your eyes. "I don't know if I can handle seeing you like that again," Bakugo whispered.

"Hey," you pulled away just enough to look at him. "I can tell you're beating yourself up about this and you need to stop," you brushed his cheek lightly. "None of this is your fault, Katsuki. Do you hear me? None of it."

He pressed his forehead against yours. "If I had been faster I could've stopped you sooner."

"You dumb hedgehog." You took a chance and let your hand drop to his chest. "I'm just as stubborn as you are. I wouldn't have stopped until it was too late regardless of when you showed up."

"You're so reckless." He kissed you then. Though it surprised you you melted into his chest, kissing him back. "Get inside and get some rest hummingbird. I'll text you when I get home."

"O-okay," you were still reeling from the kiss. Once inside, you leaned against the door. When you were sure he'd left and slid to the ground. You could still feel the warmth of his embrace.

"Y/N!" Uraraka gasped and hurried to your side. "Are you okay? Your cheeks are flushed! Do you need to go back to Recovery Girl?"

"He kissed me." You were smiling when you looked at your friend, your fingertips brushing your lips lightly.