28

He'll be okay. He's strong and determined. Todoroki was his partner so together they could easily hold their own.

At least that's what you told yourself as you hurried from the lodge, eyes scanning the gathered students quickly. "Where is he?" You mumbled and searched again, spotting Todoroki's hair but not Bakugo's. Panic filled you and though your feet felt like cement, you hurried to Todoroki. "Where's Katsuki?"

"We tried, Y/N," Midoriya's voice answered before Todoroki could blink. "But they got him."

Tears stung your eyes as you turned your gaze to your green haired friend. His eyes were downcast, but you could see his cheeks were stained with tears of his own. You swallowed your scream. "Okay," you managed just above a whisper. "Let me help you Deku," you were reaching for a hastily wrapped arm of his before he could protest.

He'll need a lot of work. Might have to hold back some and let Recovery Girl see him a time or two. A quick look at the surrounding students gave you enough information. Minor cuts and scrapes, some burns and overall exhaustion. I can do this.

"Minor wounds only!" Aizawa barked when he tore your hand away from Midoriya. Glaring through the  tears you turned your eyes on your teacher.

"I couldn't help before but I can help now."

"I don't need you blacking out on me on top of all of this," he growled. "Uraraka, keep an eye on her."

With a frustrated snarl you stomped over to Shoji. "Where's Monoma?" You asked to no one in particular, your forehead creasing deeply with a frown. "He can help."

NO! Put me down! I can help! Your desperate pleading echoed in your ears. Let me help her! In the end Iida had only gripped you tighter and ran with you from the clearing. Your struggling was barely noticed.

You weren't surprised when Monoma was a shoved up beside you Todorki's grasp on the collar of his shirt almost comical. "What are you doing?" Monoma snapped at your friend.

"You're going to use your quirk on me and then use it to help the students with minor injuries," you explained as you worked, not bothering to grace him with a look in his direction. "You'll want to monitor yourself, or have someone watch over you because it'll drain your stamina. If your eyes start to hurt, stop using my quirk. I'd suggest Kendo if you have someone with you, she seems to keep an eye on you as it is anyway."

"Why would I do any of that?"

I can help them! Pixie-Bob needs my help. "Because that's what heroes do!" You snapped, irritation mixing with your already jumbled emotions. "Our friends are hurt, Katsuki was taken by the villains. You and I have the ability to help whoever we can until medical help gets here. If you aren't up for this that's on you but I'm asking you to put aside your pride and dumb-ass rivalry with my class and act the part of a hero, dammit! Now help me or get out of the way!"

Overall, you were mildly impressed with how quickly Monoma was able to call upon your quirk. After a quick, brief explanation and relating Aizawa's message you went your separate ways, helping any student you came across.

Part of you was thankful that it was Uraraka that had been asked to keep tabs on you. If anyone would be able to keep you calm and collected in that moment it was your best friend. But the guilt of not being able to help in the brink of battle still ate at you. There could be fewer injuries, more minor at least.

That said, when Mandalay had used her quirk to tell the students they could fight and for Bakugo to remain in a group it wasn't Uraraka but Kirishima that had managed to keep you from breaking down the classroom door. Despite his own frustrations at being left in the classroom he had somehow managed to keep you level headed enough to understand that the fewer students outside the more the heroes present could focus.