02 | Mission START

Ahra's POV

"WHAT DO YOU MEAN I DON'T REMEMBER??!!"

I tried hard to think about my address, but sadly, Mingi was right. I couldn't remember anything, not even the house number.

"WHAT DID YOU GUYS DO WITH ME?" I grabbed his collar as his eyes widened.

"Woah there, Ahra. Calm down, will you?" he grabbed my hands as I released him.

"This happens to everyone before they become an agent. They erase your memories & the memories of you from the people that know you."

"Wha- why?"

"Well, just in case you have to kill someone you know."

"Bruh, y'all scary af."

"Are we, Ahra?" Mingi flashed his eye smile, making me a bit relieved.

"Okay, you're not." I flicked his forehead.

"Ow! Didn't have to do that." he pouted.

"09! We need you in the meeting room now! You too, Mingi!" 05 grabbed our hands and dragged us along.

-

"So, what are we doing here?" I looked at everyone as Hongjoong sighed.

"Listen, Ahra. It's your first mission, you'll need to have some company with you. He'll take care of it for you. So, just stay by his side-"

"Wait, do you think I can't do it?" I cut Hongjoong off and raised an eyebrow.

"Well, it's not like that-"

"Forget it. I don't want to hear it. I'll do this alone, without any help." I stood up and left.

3rd Person's POV

After Ahra stormed out of the meeting room, all of the 7 sighed.

"I'll go check on her." Mingi said and walked out.

Mingi walked around and saw Ahra sitting in a corner.

"Stupid hitmen. What do they take me for? Do they think i'm THAT weak? I'll just fail the mission, never wanted to join their stupid team anyways." Ahra grumbled as she kicked the air.

Mingi watched from afar, smiling a little.

Cute

Brushing the thought off, he walked over to her. He sat beside her and stretched his long legs.

"Yah, why are you here?" Ahra woke up, glaring at him.

He grabbed her hand and pulled her back down.

"I'm not letting go unless you listen first." he smiled.

"Fine, what is it?" she sighed.

"Okay, first off, we don't think you can't handle it. This is normal for beginners. We all went through this before, so don't worry. I don't know why Hongjoong has to be so dramatic everytime we do this. Secondly, I'm the one going with you so we can have fun, okay?" he smiled, hoping to cheer her up.

"Okay. Let's do this, Mingi."

Ahra's POV

"Mingi, what are we doing here?" I asked as I peeped out of the bush we've been hiding behind for the past 10 minutes.

"Shhh, he'll see us." Mingi pushed my head back down & pointed to a tall guy in the cafe.

"See that guy there? He's Jin Yonghoon aka your target."

"So, what do I do? Just shoot him?" I asked, ready to grab my gun.

"Trust me, you wouldn't even dare pull that trigger." he chuckled as I glared at him.

"I didn't mean that- I mean, you try and point your gun at me then."

Without hesitation, I pointed the gun towards Mingi's head, making him gulp. I held the gun in my hands, slowly trembling. I ended up putting it down and putting it back in my ankle strap, where I had hid it earlier.

"See? You can't do it yet. But I'm sure you'll get used to this later." Mingi shot me a smile.

"Okay, now go into the cafe." he quickly shooed me.

"Wait- What- WHAT AM I SUPPOSED TO DO???"

"Go talk to him, duh." Mingi pushed me as I walked into the cafe.

My heartbeat increased as I watched the barista from afar. He had dark brown hair and a pair of glasses on. I took a deep breath and walked towards the counter. He immediately saw me and smiled at me.

"Welcome to Dalkom Coffee. May I take your order?" he stared into my eyes as I gulped.

"O-one vanilla l-latte please." I stuttered as he just chuckled.

"That'll be, 5,000won." he said as I just stared at him.

I blinked my eyes and just realized what he said. I quickly checked my pockets.

SHIT, MINGI DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING ABOUT BRINGING MONEY

"I'm so sorry but-"

"Don't worry, it's on the house." I was cut off by the barista.

"In exchange, I'll see you tomorrow." he smiled and handed me a paper as I just stared at him.

I put the paper in my pocket without looking at it. I sat down at one of the tables and looked outside.

WHERE THE HELL IS MINGI

Soon, my number was called and I grabbed my latte. Once again, the barista smiled at me and mouthed a 'call me'. I just smiled and walked out.

As soon as I stepped outside, I almost dropped my latte on the idiot in front of me.

"YAH, SONG MINGI! DO YOU WANT TO DIE??!!" I smacked his back.

He just smiled as I pouted.

"So, how'd it go?" he asked, snatching the latte and taking a sip.

"Yah, I paid for that!" I shouted, trying to grab for my latte.

"Nope, you didn't."

"Wha- how did you-"

"I watched everything."

"YET YOU DIDN'T TRY TO HELP ME??!!" I stepped on Mingi's foot, making him almost drop the latte.

Thank god I caught it. Some of it slipped out but not all of it.

"Ow, is that my fault tho?? You wanted to do this yourself, right? I'm just your supervisor, I only come in when you're in real trouble." he said, grabbing his foot.

"Ugh, whatever. Anyways, I have to meet him again, tomorrow." I sighed.

"Okay. Good luck then." Mingi pat my shoulder.

"As much as I hate to say this, I need you to be there too, Mingi." I sighed.

I turned around to see Mingi smiling like an idiot. I took the opportunity to slap him on the cheek.

"Yah, don't be so happy about it." I glared as he chuckled.