[4]⌇Water Fountain ⤶❜

water fountain ◂╯
january 12th, 2020
— (unedited)
• Inspired by Alex Benjamin
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

He told me that he loved me by the Water Fountain. He told me that he loved me and he didn't love Him, and that was really lovely 'cause it was innocent. But now he's got a cup with something else in it.

——

"Changbin... I, um... need to tell you something." Strange, was what it seemed at first. Felix, his best friend, dragging him over to the Water Fountain they first met at, when Changbin dropped more than just a penny.

"What is it, Lix?" The older finally replied after they stopped, Felix grabbing onto Changbin's hands and held onto them tightly. He seemed nervous. "W-Well... You're my best friend, been my best friend, for almost... 5 years already? And y-y'know, through those years I realized something. Upon myself, and towards you..." The younger stopped, Changbin feeling the forming sweat on the other's hands, he gave then a reassuring squeeze, asking him politely to continue.

"I love you."

'Wait— He loves me? Did I hear that right? He loves me? I thought he was with Chris?' Changbin kept repeating in his head as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, leaving him silent in thought. This caused Felix to go into slight panic mode, pure regret and doubt ran through his head, shifting in his spot, he trembled.

"B-Binnie,, I-I don't expect you to like me back, I'm just getting this off my che—"

Just then, Changbin grabbed Felix's hips and pulled him in, he placed his lips onto the younger's, feeling them mold perfectly together. It felt like fireworks, like when the Water Fountain starts to spur that clear liquid that held so much meaning. Not long after, Felix started kissing back, wrapping his arms around Changbin's neck, smiling softly into the kiss. It lasted for 30 seconds before the two pulled back slowly. Changbin leaned towards the younger's ear and whispered something he wishes to never regret.

"I love you too."

They stood by each others sides for years and years. Not long after the couple days of getting together of being best friends to boyfriend's after 5 years— Changbin figured that the two, Felix and Chris, broke up a few weeks before the confession, when Felix realized that he loves Changbin.

As the years went on, from giving each other solid yet sweet to lustful kisses, to soft warm loving cuddles, to silly dates and walks on the beach, to moving in together and sleeping in the same bed...

They began to get distant.

Changbin didn't know why they kept falling apart. Almost every day they got into arguments, yelling at each other of swear words they would regret for their entire life to causing the other to spill tears and slam the door as they walked away from the house they shared.

They stopped kissing. They stopped smiling at each other. They stopped making each other laugh. They stopped those long walks on the beach. The dates. Everything. But they never stopped thinking of each other. Never.

Months later, the two were invited to a party their friends Minho and Jisung were throwing— basically being forced to go to. They dressed up and drove there in silence. As they arrived, Felix instantly went out and closed the car door, running up to the house. He left Changbin in the car to sigh, debating if he should just leave. But he knew he wouldn't. He still madly cared for Felix and wanted to make sure he got home safe, that nothing bad happens to him. He still loves him.

After a couple minutes of his deep thoughts, he got out of the car and walked inside and greeted the two hosts. After their session, Changbin's mind wondered to where Felix could possibly be. He brushed him out of his thoughts as all the shit they've been through crashed in. He found himself sitting on one of the stools in the kitchen, chugging down cans of bear and shots. He was dazed, yet the things he wanted to erase in the glimpse of alcohol kept hurrling in.

'Felix Lee... My best friends of 8 years and boyfriend of 3... Where did we go wrong?' He kept thinking to himself as he felt his eyes sting. 'No time for crying. He still loves you, like you love him.' But he couldn't convince himself to those words. He got up and stumbled around the house. It smelt like sweat and vomit as the air almost felt suffocating. He glanced around and frowned. "Where is he..?" He mumbled to himself.

As the air kept getting heated, he decided he needed to go outside for a breather. He saw the active Water Fountain outside of the house, deciding he should just relax there til he felt sober. Opening the sliding door to the filled house, he took a deep breath as the cold air filled his intoxicated lungs.

Walking down the steps he heard talking, his familiar deep voice. 'Lixie...' He kept walking but stopped once he heard the words he thought were only meant for him. He peaked around to where Felix stood, by the Water Fountain, with another man.

"I love you."

The man grabbed his boyfriend's hips, pulled him in, and kissed his lips.

Pain.

Emptiness.

Emotions.

One's that hurt more than the arguments they had, the fights, the hurtful words they gave each other.

"I love you too."

Changbin felt tears leaked down his cheeks as he whimpered quietly— a little too loud— catching the attention of the two. He widened his eyes as he cursed at himself.

"Changbin..?" His boyfriend, no— Felix. Called out. He shook his head as he dropped his hand that was covering his mouth, he turned around so quickly and ran inside. He grabbed a another bottle of beer before running out to the front. "C-Changbin! Please, stop! L— hiccup —Listen to me!" Felix tried to stop the older. Regret filled his entire soul, he felt do goddamn guilty.

"NO! D-Don't... Ever tell me! To stop! This should just be another argument we always have! Like t-that one timr you ssid you never should have met me! W-Where you promised to stay by my side 'til we part— WELL, LOOK AT US NOW!!" The older slurred, he opened the bottle of bear before chugging half of it down. He opened the door to his car as Felix stumbled up to it.

"I.. I thought we'd be happy... Together... Maybe as Seo Felix and Seo Changbin... Or ass Lee's..." Changbin lastly said before throwing that bottle on the floor shattering into thousands of pieces,  perfect representation of his heart, making Felix burst into tears, flinching at the sound. He closed the door to his car as he hopped in, he shoved in the key and started up the engine and drove off.

He felt incredibly tired. He didn't know if it was the alcohol that kept rushing in or the pounding images of Felix in his head. He sobbed and sobbed. His vision blurred as he couldn't see the honking car heading his way.

Changbin was too young.
And Felix forgot what he told him by the Water Fountain.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

♡˗ˏ✎ SorrY, that was hella angst. I
          finally had an idea for this story
          and I hope it wasn't as bad.
          Water Fountain is one of my
          favorite songs from Alec
          Benjamin and I couldn't help
          but make a story about it. You
          should be expecting more song
          inspired stories by me úwù! You
          can also suggest some if you'd
          like. 👀