[6]⌇Blossom Tree ⤶❜

blossom tree ◂╯
january 17th, 2020
— ( edited )
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Felix always wondered himself next to the cherry blossom tree that had a wooden bench just below it, perfect for shade and perfect to just relax. Feeling the breeze and hearing the sound of rustling leaves was an absolute blessing for him. He felt like he could do anything.

But there was always a small barrier that could prevent him from enjoying his natures.

Felix is blind.

At the age of 12, Felix always got bullied in school. Being tossed around, having things thrown at him, losing his best friend because he found out that he was homosexual. He always hated the fact that he even existed. He hated himself so much that the God's above didnt think he deserved to hate on such an angel. So God prevented Felix from seeing heaven.

Of course, there are many things Felix thinks he's grateful to be blind for when it came to seeing things before— he learned to respect the way he was and how his life turned out. Nothing was perfect, not even him. But to what he felt most comfortable in, outside, in nature and home, he learned to understand that not every angel needs to have vision to enjoy the smallest things in life.

Felix at such a young age, lost his eye sight because some fuckwad squirted glue into his eyes and said "Maybe that'll help you see." clearly that person was referring to him being Asian. He didn't think it was bad, after many hours of having to pry his eyes open, it managed to damage his eyesight, permanently erasing his vision, bits by bits. It hurts waking up not being able to see, not being able to understand anything around you.

But he's happy that he's in a good place. Oh hell no— Felix didn't die. Although he's living mildly perfect right now. A little teasing from people here and there, but he's found his home. Specifically under the blossom tree.

Taking a few breaths, Felix leaned back into the wooden bench, feeling the breeze swift by his figure, causing his hair to fly to own side in a gentle swish. A new smell of honey and cinnamon filled his senses and he felt a presence next to him.

"It sure feels nice here, doesn't it?" A voice rang out. Felix slowly turnt his head sideways where he heard the voice erupt before breaking into a smile. "It sure is. I guarantee it all looks beautiful too." The other nodded as they fell into a small silence.

.

.

.

.

"Are you still there?" Felix asked as he furrowed his eyebrows. They must've left if it gone silent. I wanna hear that voice again...

"Oh— Yes, I am still here." The other nervously chuckled, causing Felix to let out a sigh of relief, chuckling along as well. "I apologise. If you hadn't noticed, I am blind. My name is Felix Lee Felix." He introduced, keeping his head turned sideways towards the other who smiled softly, turning himself towards Felix.

"Ah, my name is Seo Changbin. And yes, I can assure you, it is very very beautiful." Changbin gave a little laugh at the end, peeling his attention up to the falling cherry blossoms, smiling in content and pure happiness. "Are you from here? I noticed your freckles, some Koreans don't really have freckles like yours." He asked in wonder as he remembered the scattered stars upon the Felix's cheeks and the bridge of his nose.

"Freckles..? OH! I completely forgot I had freckles, my god... No, I am not originally from here. I was born in Sydney, Australia but moved here when I was 16. So about three years I've been living here? Are you originally from here, you sound very fluent in Korean, heh.." Felix chatted off in a soft tone, catching on to the others voice as he understood Changbin well, only assuming he's from here.

"Yes, I was born and raised here. I did travel to Melbourne with my parents when I was 14? 15? For s couple of months. I really liked it there." He mumbled off in thought yet nodded off at the end, sending a small chuckle. "That's amazing. I'm glad you liked your stay there."

Just in a few seconds Felix's watch went off. He brought his attention to his wrist and tapped on the screen. "Well, I gotta get myself home. And do not worry, I know my way there. But it was an absolute pleasure to have met someone like you," He stood up and turned himself to where he could only assume was where Changbin was.

"Thank you for even chatting with me, Changbin. I wish to see— hear of you again. I'll be here around the same time tomorrow if you wanna come by." He gave a small bow before giving a soft way.

"It was nice meeting you too, Felix. I'll be sure to come by as long as you're there. I wanna know more about you." The other smiled by Changbin's words and nodded softly, he bid him goodbye once more before turning around.

Using his stick from side to side, he walked off. For a while, he finally left feeling complete.

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

♡˗ˏ✎ Hello! So I'm debating if I
          should make a part two of this
          because the original idea was
          gonna be called "Hold My Hand"
          but instead, the short story took
          a turn. But the part two will end
          up being a little angst if I do end
          up making it... But anywho,
          hope you liked it!!