[8]⌇Promise ⤶❜

promise ◂╯
february 3rd, 2020
— ( edited )
- - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Hey, Changbinnie? Do you think we'll be best friends after college?" 12-year-old Felix asked the 13-year-old Changbin. "Of course, Lixie. We just got to stick together, okay?"  Felix nodded, giving his best friend a hug, one he wish would last longer. "Promise...?"

"Promise."

.

.

.

In the final year of middle school, 8th grade, Changbin got a call from his parents. One that changed his life completely. "Changbin, I know this will be hard for you But we already sold the house..." He shook his head as his eyes were on the brinks of tears. He pressed the end button and sighed. "How am I going to tell Lixie..." He mumbled underneath his breath.

"Tell me what?" Changbin jumped at the sudden voice before turning around immediately. Felix noticed Changbin's lightly tinted cheeks and the forming tears. "Binnie... What happened...?" He frowned, opening his arms for the shorter. And Changbin ran straight towards the younger, holding onto him tightly as he trembled with tears, shaking his head while repeating "I'm sorry, Lixie." Feeling the shorter break down, he began to cry as well. He didn't know what for but watching his best friend is like this changed his emotions quickly. "Shh... It's okay, Binnie... What's wrong, bub?"

After a few short minutes, the shorter separated from Felix, wiping his tears and sniffing softly. "Lixie... M-My parents bought a h-house in California. A-And.... And..." — "They're making you go with them..." Changbin nodded. "W-Will you ever come back??? Did they sell your current house?" He shook his head then nodded again. "No.. We're moving there permanently...." "W-When are you leaving.." He took a deep breath. "Tomorrow.."

.

Ever since the leave, the two couldn't help but feel incomplete, lost even. Throughout their high school and college years, their lives felt like they were never getting better. Changbin was one year into adult life and he knew that Felix was going to graduate soon. Hoping, just hoping, that the younger didn't forget him.

Changbin tapped his foot against the marvel flooring, feeling anxious about the situation he put himself in. He didn't know if this was a good idea. Felix could have forgotten him over the long years. Debating if he should just get up and leave. "and Lee Yongbok." His heart dropped. Upon hearing the younger's name, his attention was up at the stage, tears threatening to fall as he laid eyes upon the younger. He looked the same...

It was finally Felix's turn to step up on stage. His heart pounded as he realized his life was about to begin. He walked up onto the stage and got his things, thanking all of his professors. He wanted to cry— for the suffering and the relief— and the sadness he couldn't have bring after losing his best friend. Giving small smiles, he frowned as he looked into the crowd to at least find his parents, Changbin maybe... He imagined this moment every second of the day. Imagining Changbin just being here, through high school and college and possibly into the rest of their lives. He imagined so much he expected it to be real.

Tearing his eyes away from the crowd he stepped down onto the hooded ground. He looked up, only to stop once again. 'This can't be real...' Felix thought his mind was playing tricks onto him. The imaginations actually driving his head inside. "Binnie..?" He blinked over and over again, but the other remained with open arms. "How could I forget?" The other spoke with a welcoming smile.

Felix springs off the last step into his best friend's arms, feeling his warmth invade his body. He held on tight as if he'd leave again. But as Changbin held on tighter, he broke down. Memories and memories of the two gathered together into one emotion really set the two off. "I-I never f-forgot you, Binnie... I-I couldn't s-stop t-thinking if you'd e-ever come back." Felix sobbed, managing to get out proper words as they're slightly muffled in the older's jacket. "I'm here now, Yongbokie, I'm staying. I'll never leave ever again." And those words were meant with all meaning.  Felix pulled back and he raised up his hand in between the two."P-Promise?" Changbin smiled softly, intertwining his fingers with the graduate student, he squeezed tightly. "I promise." 

And that promise is the one that he's going to keep

▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁▁

♡˗ˏ✎ Ahhh I need inspiration :(