But I was smitten by your smile

A month have passed and I decided to finally distance myself from Seulgi. It didn't stop her from walking with me to the dorm or dropping by my dorm room unannounced.

"Find a girlfriend." Hobi told me as he was doing his beauty routine. "She wouldn't distance herself until you find yourself a girlfriend because she's thinking that you're still hung up on her or something. Are you? Is that why you're not dating? It's been months since you two have broken up."

"No! I just— I never really— I never really pursued someone before." I said lying down my bed.

"You have got to be kidding me. A good looking guy like you and you never asked a girl out?"

"Usually, they're the one who tells me they like me— or— Seulgi and I were friends and she's the one who confessed to me." I admitted and looked down from the bunk bed. "Maybe you have some girl friends you  can introduce to me?"

"Fuck you! I'm not gonna introduce to my friends for them to be your rebound." Hobi throws one of his used tissue to my face. "It'll be weird if you date one of my friends — especially when you think I don't wake up whenever you and Seulgi do it on your bed."

We both laughed. It happened only one time. I know Hobi would wake up but I didn't care.

It was a nice distraction but it reminded of my problem, how she still asks if she could spend the night even if we broke up.

"I don't know what to tell her anymore." I said. "The whole school thinks we are still dating."

"That's why you should date someone else! Is there anyone that interest you at school?" Hobi asks. "If you find someone I'll help you— I don't think I could help you with Seulgi though."

——

There is. In Calculus.

The students came pouring in but somehow my eyes were glued to her. Her smile was missing this time and she was grunting when she took the seat in front of me.

"What's wrong?" Lisa asked. Based on their frequent conversation, I have known their names.

"As usual." Y/N said as she slumped.

"How much do you need?" Lisa asked. "I think I still have some extra money left."

"It's not money. It's the spawn of satan." Y/N said. "I can't sleep last night. He brought another girl home."

"Then just get out of there. Be my room mate." Lisa shrugged her shoulder as the professor went in.

"If I had money to pay you I wouldn't have second thoughts of being your roommate." Y/N sighed and the class began.

——

When the classes are over, I still can't think of how am I gonna introduce myself to her. I was wishing she would look at me and smile but she never does.

In retrospect, She rarely looks at people around her.

Then my opening came through when I found her along the corridor talking to Jimin as he gave her a bag of CDs.

Jimin dashed off to my direction nodding. but I grabbed his arm. "Yo! Wassup? You need anything?" He said quite surprised of my action.

"Do you know Y/N?" I asked.

"That Y/N?" He said pointing at her as she walk away briskly and I nodded enthusiastically. "Uhmm— kinda— why?"