Walking A Path that wasn't paved

Y/N and I prefer hanging out at the park by the Han River. We both love the scenery and I enjoy taking photos which is one of my hobbies.

It was times like this when we can go out alone. Without Jungkook. Without Dahyun.

She was looking at the sunset and I took a shot with my polaroid camera. Her face whenever she thinks I'm not looking is always forlorn. I know she has problem financially but she never told me anything and I was too much of a coward to asked.

"Are you bored?" I asked which break her from her deep thoughts.

"Huh?"

"You look sad." I said. "You know I'm here. All you have to do is let me know how I can help you."

She finally gave me a smile but it wasn't the one I was looking for. "I was just thinking of something."

"What?"

"How I took my childhood for granted." She says longingly.

"How are you supposed to know that! You're a child." I pinch her cheek. "Y/N, we've been dating for six months."

"Yeah. Why? Are you bored of me?" She has that afraid look of his face when she spoke.

"When will you trust me? I know there's something going on Y/N." I held her hand and put it on my face. "I don't want to pry but I'm tired of waiting for you to open up to me."

"It's not that I don't want to but — it's not my problem to tell. It has nothing to do with me." She must've been conflicted when she said those words.

I can't help but wonder. How many months or even days before Jungkook or Lisa knew about her family problems. There it was again, the raging storm inside that wants to demand her to at least put me in the same footing as them. To make me feel like I'm someone special.

Even if that's the case, I didn't demand anything. I don't want to scare her because I'm scared, too— I'm scared of losing her.

It was my own insecurities. Things like that are not a requirement for a relationship. I could wait.

"Do you wanna watch movies on my laptop? Hobi hyung went home, I'm alone at my dorm." I said.

She nodded at me after smiling mischievously but inside those eyes were contentment, not happiness contented maybe that I let the topic go. With that she nuzzled at my neck and said something that felt much more meaningful that her sharing her problems.

"I love you, Tae. I'm glad you're here with me." She looked up at me with her red face.

"I love you, too." I said and kissed her forehead.

——

We just got comfortable seating on the floor as the movie plays when someone knocked at my dorm room door. "I'll get it. Oppa must've forgetten something." She made small walks while pulling my oversized shirts down to hide her beautiful legs.

But it wasn't Hobi, It was Seulgi. "Hi—" I recognized her voice and quickly stood up to get to the door.

"What are you doing here?" I growled at Seulgi telling Y/N to go back as she peeks at the door.

"My roommate went home and I made some popcorn. You usually watch movies when Hobi's out so I'm hoping we could watch together but I didn't your girlfriend is here so—"