Even with All my Effort and Might

*A/N like I finished this chapter and I accidentally swiped down and it discards all my changes. 😭

When you woke up the next morning, Tae was no longer beside you.

As you sat, there was a harrowing feeling that intends to consume your mind and before it did, you stood up to wash and change. "He's a great guy. Don't fuck up now Y/N." you told myself as you look at your own reflection in their bathroom mirror.

Taehee was laughing when you reach the end of the stairs. "You're so in love with her!" She exclaimed.

"What if I am? She's my girlfriend." Taehyung talks even with food in his mouth which sometimes is adorable.

"She's kinda offish, no?" Taehee lowered her voice.

Instead of joining them, you eavesdropped. Hearing that his sister has something negative to say about you, you waited for her to say more. The reason was you felt at ease instead of disappointed that somehow she didn't liked you.

"Yeah— but when she warms up to you, she's funny. She's also intelligent— she loves music, too. You remembered Yoongi? Yoongi trust her opinion with his music."

"Aren't you worried Yoongi would steal her? I mean— you're always jealous of guys getting close with your girlfriend— it's weird that you find it endearing that a guy is close with Eonnie."

"I don't know. She changed me— especially now. She went here, for me. It was quite far but she—"

"Just marry her already!" Taehee chuckles but Taehyung was silent.

"I will. After graduation, I'll propose. We're not gonna marry after graduation but—" Taehyung started to say when your phone rang—

It was the bunny.

"Hello? Can you call later—"

"Such an ungrateful— MOM WAS WORRIED SICK ABOUT YOU. YOU DIDN'T EVEN BOTHERED TO CALL! SHE NEEDS TO GO BUT HAD TO WAIT FOR YOU TO ANSWER!"

"I was in a wake— you fuc—" you were about to curse when Taehyung covered your mouth and shifted his eyes to Taehee while he grabbed your phone.

"She's fine. It was kinda busy yesterday. Tell your mom she's sorry— We'll be back on Monday. Bye." Taehyung then pockets your phone and ushered you to the table.

"Hi, Eonnie." Taehee winced at you knowing that you heard everything. You gave her a smile while Taehyung transfers food on your plate.

"I can take care of myself." You told Taehyung, instead of being hurt, he smiled at you and ruffled your hair.

"You're our guest. Stop saying those things, babe. Taehee here thinks you're anti-social or something."

"Oppa!" Taehee pouts at her brother before looking at you. "Sorry, eonnie— you rarely talk— and smile."

"She's tired." Taehyung defended you. "Do you have a formal dress with you? For later? If not you can borrow Taehee's or— I think mom's dress may fit you as well." He tucks in your hair gently behind your ear.

After that, it was a blur. Before you knew it, Taehyung's uncle was holding the urn of Taehyung's grandfather. He gave his last words with his voice breaking. The sorrow from Taehyung transcended to you and soon found yourself crying with him even if you rarely knew his grandfather.