My courage will wane but I will never

The coffeeshop job that I thought was easy wasn't. The morning shifts are even harder than I thought, because in the mornings, even if the staff are doubled by the number, there are three times as much customers compared to my evening shift.

Hence, I found myself fighting sleep in the middle of an exam but the worse is yet to come, when Friday came. I did fell asleep without answering anything on one of our subjects.

——

Y/N looked at me as I was waiting near the faculty. It was too bad that it was the Differential Equations exam that I fell asleep in. The professor is quite a terror who would never give second chances.

He was one of those, no matter how strict he was, who took a liking on Y/N. Who wouldn't, she was the proof that his teaching isn't the problem because she would always ace the test.

I was half expecting her to shout and nag me when I told her about my problem but she just told me she would accompany me to talk to our professor.

The door creaks open and our professor went out. "Sir— " I immediately stood up. "Sir about a while ago."

I was answered with a sigh while Y/N also stood behind my back. "Mr. Kim, I really want to give you a second chance but don't you think it's kinda unfair?"

"To make it fair you can deduct points from—"

"You already saw the exams! That doesn't make it fair." My professor said. "Ms. Y/L/N, what are you doing here."

"Sir, even if Taehyung already saw the exam I'm pretty sure he won't be able to memorize all of it." She begged. "Please, sir— he has a scholarship. I'm sure you understand. He'll lose it if you gave him an incomplete grade."

"Tell me the reason why you fell asleep during the exam and I might consider it." He looked at us alternately.

"He's working— we need some funds because I'm delayed— my monthly thing— and I think we need—" Y/N begins to fake cry on my chest as she clutch my shirt, for the first time, we were able to communicate without talking.

"Ms. Y/L/N— Are you—" The professor's heart melted as Y/N hugged me swatting his hand when he tries to touch her. I should have known, she was planning this all along.

"We're not sure yet. That's why I'm working because — for check up." I said trying to cover Y/N so the professor wouldn't see that despite her realistic mewls, there were no tears falling from her eyes.

"That— that is so irresponsible Mr. Kim." My professor glared at me, trying not to raise his voice. "Okay— meet me after 5 PM today— I'll give you a make up exam. Ms. Y/N—"

Y/N just cries while I was trying to hold my laughter. "I'll calm her sir. Thank you very much."

"Okay— okay— let me know if it's — if she's — maybe I could help."

"Sure sir, this is already a big help."

I waited until he vanished from the corridor before I poke Y/N's back.

"He's gone." I told Y/N and when I met her eyes, I swallowed. "Did I tell you how much I love you?"

"Taehyung Kim— you'll quit your job." She said as she briskly walk away from me.

"Y/N!"

I grab her shoulder when we reached a corner, she wouldn't turned around that I'd had to face her— this time she was really crying.