Nor Let Myself be Outdone

This is where our story will branch. I will return the point of view to you (Y/N) instead of Taehyung.

The only difference between what happened before and now is that Y/N receives the call from Tae instead of missing it.

You rode a bus going to Jeolla. After your fight with Taehyung, you decided to already inform Jungkook's mother about your plans of transferring. Jungkook let you take the window seat. It was more than a four hour travel and you decided that it's a good time for you to ask.

"I know something's off, bunny. Do you want to talk?" You asked while he was leaning on the back rest of the seat in front of him.

Jungkook didn't answer but his shoulder slump admitting defeat that he cannot hold it in anymore. This time you know he would open up to you.

"Dahyun broke up with me." He turned his head sideways meeting your eyes.

He was frowning, showing a but of disappointment but not crying. Not that it surprised you. After his father died, you never saw him cry again.

"Did she tell you why?" You asked.

"She's leaving. Her parents are moving back to China." He didn't looked at you and just kept tapping his seat. "She asked me if she could trust me,— to not cheat— I said I don't know."

"Are you fucking stupid?!" You said and Jungkook chuckled.

"I knew you were gonna say that." He paused then gave me a mellowed smile. "I really don't know. I don't want to promise something I don't know if I can keep. Besides, she had the option to stay and yet she chose to leave me."

"So you planned on cheating with her in case she didn't asked you?"

"She shouldn't have asked that on the first place. It means she doesn't trust me. Even if I told her I wouldn't, she would still badger at me. Besides— I don't think I'm good at long distance relationship."

After years of living together, this was the first time after a long long while that you felt the old Jungkook again. The one who you were friends with when you were kids. The one you share your thoughts with. The one who talks about his feelings.

"You still should have tried." You tried to sound empathic even if you wanted to strangle him. "You loved her don't you?"

"What's love got to do with it? Even if I love her, if she doesn't trust me enough to ask me that— it's useless." He flutters his eyes, a signal to let you know he'd rather sleep than talk about the subject.

"Call her tomorrow. Maybe there's still a chance." You said.

Jungkook grunts. "Nah— we'll just go on circles. She plans to work there. I can't leave my mom here. Besides, we'll probably lose contact in the long run."

You pulled his head to rest on your shoulder. "You don't know that. I'm sure she'll answer your calls as long as you do call her."

Jungkook scoffed. "If I could do that, then I would've been able to return your calls when we relocate to Seoul."

He straightened up and close his eyes. "Wake me up when we're near our place."

At least that answers the question of who made the last call and the reason for your friendship drifting apart.

You were feeling sleepy but an instinct told you to check your phone first. True enough, Taehyung's been calling you for the last minute.