A Rough Road I dared to Take

"Can we talk?" Lisa asked me as I was sitting with Yoongi and Hobi. They were talking about a mixtape and I decided to hang out with them instead of Y/N.

We didn't broke up but we rarely spend our time with each other. Something that Lisa took notice of.

"First of all, who's that cute guy like a kitten." Lisa said as he gave Yoongi another glance.

"That kitten's taken." I said. "What do you want to talk about?"

"What's wrong with you ignoring Y/N like that?" Lisa said huffing.

"I'm not ignoring her!" I lied a bit. I was avoiding her because I was still mad. "Did she asked you to talk to me?"

"Of course not. I kept asking her why she's down and she said it's nothing and that she's okay. Although she keeps looking at the photos in her phone with you." Lisa rolled her eyes. "It was an impromptu question! What do you expect! Come on, Taehyung don't be petty."

"I'm not. I — I just need time to process everything." I tried to explain but Lisa wouldn't take any of it.

"You're a green eyed monster that's what you are!" Lisa shouted. "Tae— don't asks questions like that and then sulk when it didn't go your way."

"Would you be happy if it happened to you?"

"I wouldn't." Lisa pointed at my chest. "— but I know I'll do everything to earn my place instead of sulking whenever I'm with her."

"Did she asked you to do this?"

"No. I told you— I help her without asking her what's bothering her. It's not like it's hard to read her. She have been waiting for your calls and texts all day." Lisa said. "Tae— come on, don't make it harder for her than it's already is."

I nodded at her.

Her words etched on my mind.

I'll do everything to earn my place instead of sulking

What have I done to earn my place in her heart?

For the next few months, I tried — really hard this time.

There are things that worked fortunately.

Since it irritates me to no end whenever Jungkook calls Y/N out in the middle of the night to look for things he misplaced or just to ask her to do his essay, I stopped sleeping in their place at night.

Less sex but less fights.

Then there are things that didn't.

I tried to be more comfortable with Jungkook. Spending movie nights at their place instead of the dorm. We were watching a movie and a scene played then Jungkook starts to chuckle.

Y/N in turn throws popcorn at him and he did the same as they burst out laughing.

No words were exchanged. Just the two of them having fun. As usual, I'm not in on the joke. With me trying to be a better man, smiled at her while the sparkle in her eyes vanished. She must've thought that I was angry but instead I hugged her sideways and kiss her temple.

"I love the sound of your laugh." I whispered at her and she finally gave me a wide smile.

"That scene happened to us when we were kids." Y/N confided and it made me somewhat at ease.