Keep holding on.

Laineys POV

"Shh. Shh. Don't cry baby girl. Bailey will be okay." I heard my dad whisper into my ear as he held me to his chest. My parents had just found out about the whole Bailey situation and we were now in the hospital.

"It's all my fault daddy." I whispered while letting my tears roll down my cheek. Ashley walked over to me and knelt down in front of me.

"Sweetheart, it's not your fault at all. I don't want you to blame yourself at all. It was that piece of shit Aaron's fault. Tell me why you think it's your fault angel." Ashley said and wiped a tear away from my cheek with his hand.

"I could have tried harder to get to her in time. I tried Ash. I really did. But I didn't try hard enough and look where we are now. I ruined everything uncle Ash. I really did." My voice cracked at the end of my sentence. I sniffled and put my head in my hands. Why am I such a fuck up?

"No no no. You tried. That's the only thing that matters. I know that you love Bailey and that you would never let anything happen to her and she would never let anything happen to you. You can't blame yourself. Bailey will be okay. I know she will." Ashley said and pulled me into his arms. I breathed in and out slowly trying to catch my breath. Ashley kissed my head and let me out of his arms. Ash looked like he was about to say something but a doctor came in the waiting room for us.

"Are you guys here to see Bailey?" the female doctor asked us. We all nodded our heads and she lead us to Baileys room. I stared at the white walls of the hospital as we walked down the hall. The sickening smell and the moans of pain in the hospital made me cringe. We finally got to Baileys room and the doctor opened the door and let us in.

I saw Bailey hooked up to many machines and the rise and fall on her stomach that was her slow and almost invisible breathing. Her face was a pale not all rosy and sweet like it usually is and her eyes were shut. Immidiatly I ran to the side of the bed and cried. I've probably lost my best friend. My best friend that was always there for me and that I loved with all my heart.

"Bailey is in a coma. There is a very high chance that she will wake up. It's a sixty percent chance she will wake up and a fourth percent chance she won't so your odds are pretty good." I heard the doctor say to my dad and Ashley but I didn't look up at them I just stared at Bailey and held her cold hand. I wanted my friend back and I wanted her back now.

Andy's POV one week later...

Lainey hasn't been away from the hospital for more than an hour after Bailey was put in a coma. It's unhealthy how much Lainey stays with her but that's how I felt when Lainey was in the hospital. I felt like I couldn't leave so I know how Lainey feels. Ashley picks Lainey up in the morning to go see Bailey and Juliet and I go a little while after they get there. To be honest I feel like I miss Bailey just as much as Lainey. I miss having Bailey over and seeing how happy she makes Lainey.

"Hey babes. I'm gonna go get some pizza with your mom. Do you want to come?" I asked Lainey. I knew what the answer would be but I thought it would be worth asking just in case.

Lainey shook her head 'no' and went back to strumming notes on her guitar and looking at Bailey to see if she would move at all. I nodded my head and kissed Lainey on the cheek. Juliet did the same and we left. I still have hope for Bailey. I have a strong feeling she will wake up.

Laineys POV

My parents had just left a few minutes ago and now I was all alone with Bailey. Well not really alone. Ashley fell asleep on the couch in the hospital room.

I had my guitar with me and I was sitting on a chair by the bed strumming notes on my guitar.

I started to play the acoustic version of knives and pens because I knew that Bailey loved that song. I sang and played the song and just let myself slip away from reality and sink into the song.

When I finished playing the song I set my guitar down and looked at Bailey. I swear I could see a small smile on her lips and some of the color fade back into her face.

"B-Bailey?" I asked stuttering. I saw her eyes flicker open a tiny bit.

"Lainey?" She asked. Her voice was so quiet that I almost couldn't hear it.

"Oh my god Bailey! Ashley wake up!" I shouted. Ashley woke up startled and saw that Bailey was awake. He ran to her and pulled her into a hug.

"Bailey. Oh my god. You're okay!" Ashley said with joy in his eyes. He let her out of his arms and I pulled her into mine.

My parents walked in and saw me hugging Bailey. "Holy shit! Bailey!" my mom said shocked. My dad had the exsact same expression as my mom on his face.

Everyone came to the hospital and talked to Bailey. The doctors said that she would be out by the next day. I still blamed myself for the whole situation and even made a few cuts on my body because of it but I had my best friend back and that was all I needed.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yay! Bailey is awake! One of the chapters from the legacys echo by @hellopurdybatandy66 inspired me to do this one so thank you for the insperation Bailey!!!

Vote and comment.

-Reese