The Raid

Hello wattpad readers. After having an account for so long, I've finally decided to publish my works properly in this site. Let me know what you think. This story is also available on FanFiction.net.

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

This is Berk. A very charming island. It's found twelve days north of Hopeless, and a few degrees south of Freezing to Death.It's located solidly on the Meridian of Misery

Somewhere in the archipelago, a village can be seen surrounded by water. All seems peaceful for now...

Ourvillage, home sweet home. In a word: sturdy. And it's been here for seven generations, but, every single building is new. We have fishing, hunting, and a charming view of the sunsets. The only problems are the pests.

All of a sudden, on a farm, one of the sheep is taken from above! This alerted the nearby Berkians.

You see, most normal places have mice or mosquitoes. Oh no, not us. Instead, we have...

In one of the houses, a fifteen year old boy opens his door only to shut it immediately, narrowly avoiding getting blasted by fire.

"Dragons" he whispered then turned to a girl who was the same age as him.

"It's that time already?" The girl asked him.

"Yep. Let's go!" With that, they both rushed outside, knowing exactly where to go.

Most sane people who value living would leave. Not us. We're Vikings. We have stubbornness issues.

The once peaceful atmosphere of Berk has suddenly changed into a complete warzone. Every Viking out there was armed with axes, swords, maces and hammers fighting off dragons to protect their village.

The two teens ran into the battlefield, one more excited than the other, being careful to dodge the oncoming villagers.

My name's Hiccup and this is my twin sister Hicca. Amazing names, we know. But, they're not the worst. Parents believe a hideous name will frighten off gnomes and trolls. Like our oh-so-charming Viking manners wouldn't do that for us already.

Suddenly in the chaos, Hiccup stumbles, falling over backwards and a male Viking lands on top of him.

"ARGGGHHHHH!" The adult Viking roared before cheerfully greeting "Mornin' kids!" He then left on his path and as Hiccup got up with the help of his sister, they continued on their path.

As they ran they passed by many villagers who kept shouting at them to get inside. These villagers were not saying this out of concern for the twins but rather out of concerns for themselves. Hiccup and Hicca were well-known in their village but in a bad way. These two were outcast because their small size and their ability to inadvertently cause destruction most of the time. But for now the twins ignored the villagers and continued running until a large man grabbed them, stopping them from running into a line of fire from one of the dragons.

"Hiccup?! Hicca?! What are they doing out aga-?! Why are you two out here?! What have I been telling both of you?! Get inside!" He shouted shoving them off.

That's Stoick the Vast. Chief of the tribe. They say that when he was a baby, he popped a dragon's head clean off of its shoulders. Do Hicca and I believe it? Yes, we do.

Stoick then turned to a nearby soldier and asked "Report."

"The usual: Gronckles, Nadders and Zipplebacks. Oh, and Hoark said he saw a Monstrous Nightmare." The soldier replied.