New Plan

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

At the docks, the all the warriors gathered every weapon they have and threw them on the ships. Those who were too young or too old stayed behind. Toothless and Midnight were bound to chains, unable to break free, and were pulled onto one of the ships. Hiccup and Hicca could only helplessly watch from afar at the preparations. They couldn't do anything now. They have already done enough.

"Set sail! We head for Helheim's Gate." Stoick ordered. He looked up and saw Hicca and Hiccup looking at him, their faces were expressionless. There was a small part of him that said to go them and fix their broken relationship but he shook it off and walked towards the front of the ship. Hiccup even said it himself, he wasn't one of them and neither was Hicca. He stopped where Midnight and Toothless were and leaned towards them. "Lead us home, Devils." He said in a low voice glaring at them which they returned.

The Haddock twins watched as the ships disappeared, desperately wanting to stop them but couldn't. They knew they would only make it worse. They stayed there even after the ships were long gone and Astrid joined them.

"Wow, this whole thing turned into a disaster. You two must feel horrible. Both of you have lost everything. Your father, your tribe, your best dragon friends..." Astrid stated.

That barely helped "Thank you for summing that up." Hiccup dead-panned.

"Yeah, we really appreciate that." Hicca muttered sarcastically. This was not what either of them needed to hear at all.

"Why couldn't I have killed that dragon when I got the chance? It would have been better for everyone." Hiccup said sadly, remembering that day in the forest. This was all his fault. He started this whole thing because of his false desire to kill a dragon and he dragged his sister and now Astrid into this mess. He was even the one who blurted out their discovery of the Nest causing this suicide mission to happen.

"It would have made our lives a whole lot better than this." Hicca agreed.

Astrid then spoke up "That's right. Any Viking in this village would have done it without a second thought, even me. So why didn't you?" She asked Hiccup. She then turned to Hicca "What about you Hicca? When you're brother couldn't have killed him, why didn't you?"

Hicca took a deep breath and answered "Because I knew it wasn't who I am. I don't want to be a dragon slayer, I actually want to be a..." She took another deep breath "...a healer. And seeing Toothless in the forest that day confirmed that."

Astrid raised her eyebrows in surprise "A healer?"

"Yeah, I have that passion ever since I was eleven. I wanted to save lives, not take them away. Now, it looks like any little hope for that ever becoming a reality is gone." Hicca admitted, looking out towards the ocean.

Not wanting to push the subject further, Astrid turned to Hiccup "And what about you? Why didn't you?"

"I don't know. I don't have the passion of being a healer. I just couldn't." Hiccup said, not looking at her.

"That does not explain anything."Astrid stated.

Hiccup started getting annoyed "Why do you care about this so much?!"

"Because I want to remember what you say, right now." Astrid answered calmly.

"Oh, for the love of- I was a coward! I was weak. I wouldn't kill a dragon!"

"You said 'wouldn't' that time." Astrid pointed out.

"Whatever! Wouldn't, couldn't, it's the same thing! Three hundred years, and I'm the first Viking who wouldn't kill a dragon!" Hiccup ranted, turning his back to the girls. He just felt hopeless now.