The Search

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

That's right. The two scrawny, awkward teens are the son and daughter of the tribe leader, Stoick the Vast, and as Hiccup is the older twin by a minute, he is next in line to become the chief. This has caused doubt and worry in many villagers for obvious reasons.

"Ok. We know we messed up really badly, again, but this time we actually did capture a Night Fury." Hiccup told his Dad.

Angrily, the chief lifted one twin on each hand by their tunics and took them towards their house.

"We're not making it up this time! We used the Mangler to launch a bola at the Night Fury and we got him!" Hicca tried to tell him as she and her brother were being carried off.

"We're not lying like the last few times, Dad! I mean, we actually, really did capture one! You guys were busy and distracted, none of you were looking! We had a very clear shot, it went down, just off Raven Point. We should quickly get a search party out there, before it—"Hiccup added before he was cut off.

"STOP! Just... stop. Enough! Every time either of you or both of you step outside, destruction always follows. Can you two not see that I have bigger problems to deal with? Winter's almost here and I have an entire village to feed!" Stoick yelled.

"Between the three of us, the village could do with a little less feeding, don't ya think?" Hiccup whispered. "I think so." Hicca agreed nodding her head, causing some of the Vikings who overheard to self-consciously put their hand to their stomachs.

"This isn't a laughing matter, you two! This is serious! Why can't either of you follow the simplest orders?" Stoick asked annoyed at them.

"We can't stop ourselves. It's an impulse. We see a dragon and we have to just... kill it, you know? This is who we are after all, Dad." Hiccup answered."

Stoick sighed. "You two definitely are many things, Hiccup and Hicca. But a dragon killer is definitely not one of them for either of you. Get back to the house and this time, stay there."

Hicca couldn't help and agree with her Dad. Unlike her brother, she knew who she was what she really wants to be. Unfortunately, in a village like Berk and with her status, those two things were not warmly welcomed.

Stoick then turned to Gobber "Make sure they get there with no troubles. I have to clean up their damages, yet again." With that he left tend to the village as Gobber and the twins made their way back to the Haddock household. On the way they were met with mocks from Snotlout and Tuffnut.

"Wow, what an outstanding performance, you two." Tuffnut jeered.

"I've never seen an epic failure like. That helped, my entertainment at least!" Snotlout taunted

"Thank you so much for the praises. We were really trying hard, so..." Hiccup replied sarcastically while Hicca chose to ignore the two boys.

As they were getting close to their house, the two teens tried to convince Gobber they were telling the truth.

"We did catch that Night Fury." Hiccup said. "We're telling the truth. The dragon fell somewhere in the forest." Hicca added.

"Yeah, I'm pretty so you two caught it." Gobber said sarcastically. As much as he likes the Haddock Twins, those two have a tendency to exaggerate on certain things. He assumed that this was another one.

"He never listens to us ever." "No matter how much we try to tell him." Hiccup and Hicca complained referring to their dad.

"Well, that trait has been passed on." Gobber informed them.