The Queen

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

"Toothless, what's happening?"

"Midnight, where are you two going?"

The three of them then looked up and saw other dragons flying alongside them. The dragons noticed the teens on the two Night Furies, but did nothing as they continued on their path. "Get down!" Hiccup whispered and they ducked, avoiding the dragons flying above them.

"Where in the world are we going?" Astrid asked.

"I don't know. Toothless. Wherever you and Midnight are taking us, you guys need to turn back, bud." Hiccup pleaded, not liking where this is going.

"Midnight come on! Both of you take us back." Hicca whispered, pulling on Midnights' saddle.

The two dragons, however, ignored him and continued on their path. "It looks like they're hauling in their kill." Hiccup noted as he saw the other dragons fly by.

"This does not make me feel better." Astrid asked nervously.

"Don't worry. We'll be fine. Toothless and Midnight will not let that happen to us." Hicca said confidently.

The reached an island with a huge mountain in the centre. They followed the other dragons towards a passageway. After seeing millions of dragons gather there, it then dawned on the three of them where they were.

"Is this what I think it is?" Hicca asked her eyes wide.

"It definitely is. What dad wouldn't give to find this." Hiccup commented in disbelief.

Toothless and Midnight quickly took the teens on a ledge where they then watched as the other dragons started dropping their food in a seemingly empty pit.

"It is so good to see all our hard earned food has been stolen just to be dumped down a hole." Hiccup said sarcastically.

"None of them are eating any of it." Astrid noted.

"That doesn't make any sense. Why would they go through all that trouble and bloodshed to steal food from our village if they are just going to throw it down a hole?" Hicca asked, trying to figure out an explanation.

They continued to watch as a Gronckle suddenly came near the pit, only to regurgitate a tiny fish. A loud roar suddenly shook the mountain as the Gronckle was eaten by a large head that appeared from below!

The three teens froze in shock and fear. They have never even heard of anything like that! That's why dragons have been raiding them all this time. For them it's actually kill or be killed.

"What is that thing?" Astrid whispered. To say she was terrified now was an understatement.

"That's a monster! We have to leave, right now! Come on, Midnight!" Hicca urged.

"Alright, buddy, we need to fly out of here. Now!" Hiccup told his dragon.

But it was too late as the monster saw the teens and the dragons and went to eat them! Luckily Toothless and Midnight flew out of there just in time, flying through the opening above. The monster nearly got Midnight by the tailfin, if it hadn't been for an unfortunate Zippleback that flew in its' path. The Zippleback was then dragged to the ground where it disappeared, much to Hiccas' horror as she looked back.

"This explains everything. It's like a giant beehive. The dragons are the workers, and whatever that thing is, is their queen. It forces them to steal food." Astrid said, putting two and two together. As soon as they landed back in the Cove, Astrid jumped off Toothless and started running towards the village. "Come on, guys! Let's find your dad." Astrid called out.

"No!" Hiccup and Hicca shouted.

"No! Not yet. They'll... kill Toothless and Midnight. Astrid, we need a plan on how to tell them." Hiccup explained.

"Hiccup's right, as soon as they find out we befriended Night Furies, they're not going to listen to anything else." Hicca added.

"Hiccup, Hicca, we just discovered the Dragons' Nest. The thing we have been searching for, for years ever since Vikings first sailed here. And you two want to keep it to yourselves?! To protect your pet dragons?! Are you guys serious?!" Astrid asked in disbelief.

The twins looked her in the eyes and answered in a firm voice "Yes." This caught Astrid completely off guard. She was not expecting this at all. Here where the two runts of the village, both strongly standing up to her to protect the ones they care about. They didn't even stutter or hesitate. She could see the determination in both of them. She couldn't help but feel proud of them. Looks like befriending dragons has helped them a lot.

"Alright then, what's the next step?" She asked. Hicca turned to her brother, hoping he would have an answer.

Thinking about it, Hiccup spoke up "Just give us until tomorrow. we'll figure something out." He said.

"Okay." Astrid then punched him on his shoulder. "That's for kidnapping me." Rubbing his shoulder, Hiccup turned to Toothless who was drinking water by the pond with his mate. Now that the dragons know that Astrid is not a threat, Hiccup is on his own. Then, to Hiccups' surprise, Astrid gave him a quick kiss on the cheek. "That's for... everything else." She said shyly before running off.

Dazed by the kiss, Hiccup turned to see that Toothless and Midnight came over to him and were now staring at him. "W-what are you two looking at?" He stuttered. He then noticed his sister has gone quiet. "Hicca, are you okay?" He asked. Midnight crooned at her rider, also concerned.

Hicca turned to her brother "Midnight and I nearly got eaten by that monster, Hiccup. I mean if that Zippleback didn't fly in its' path then..." She shuddered at the thought. Hiccup then went to comfort her.

"Hey sis, don't worry. You're both safe now. We won't be going back there any time soon. Okay?"

Taking a deep, shaky breath, Hicca managed a smile "Okay." She then remembered something "We've been making 'outfits' bro? Seriously?"

Hiccup looked sheepish "Hey, I panicked okay? You know how intimidating she can get."

"This is why I'm a better liar than you."

"Oh, really? Then why didn't you come up with a better lie when we needed it? Hmmm?"