The Development

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

The next month, the Haddock twins worked most of the nights to improve Toothless' prosthetic tailfin. They started by making saddles. The next morning, after chasing the two dragons down for hours to get the saddles on, they went on separate test flights with Hicca learning to get use to flying on Midnight and Hiccup trying to find a way to control Toothless' tailfin manually. It seemed to be going well, until Hicca and Midnight took a sharp turn, causing Hicca to fall off the saddle knocking Hiccup and Toothless, who were flying below them into the pond. This caused the two teens to come to the same conclusion; harnesses and riding vests.

So they spent the next night making the vests with ropes attached to the saddles to make them more secure. The next day, both teens and dragons worked on their flight until Hiccup and Toothless crash landed in a grassy field. Hicca landed her dragon on the field and got off Midnight to check on her brother and make sure he did not sustain any wounds. After she finished her quick check-up, they both turned around and saw Midnight and Toothless rolling around in the grass in a pure bliss.

Hicca picked up some of the grass and sniffed it "Smells like garlic." She commented. Seeing how much their dragons enjoyed the grass gave the twins an idea.

At the next dragon training, the teens once again had to face the Gronckle. This time they both snuck in the grass which they have dubbed as 'dragon nip'. When the Gronckle charged after Hiccup, he held the dragon nip in front of him, causing the dragon to stop as its pupils widened in the delight at the scent. The other teens, except Hicca and Astrid, were once again impressed and amazed at how Hiccup could easily defeat the dragon. They started hanging out with the Haddock twins more, trying to found out how Hiccup did it.

"Oh, look at that. I just remembered that I left my axe back in the Ring. Why don't you guys go on ahead and I'll catch up with you." Hiccup said, subtly signalling his sister.

Hicca got the message "Oh, so did I. I'll come with you." She said and they ran back nearly running into Astrid who seemed a bit suspicious.

Soon, the two made it back to the Cove, where Hiccup started giving Toothless a good scratch. He then scratched under the chin causing the Night Fury to instantly drop in deep sleep. Out of curiosity, Hicca did the same with Midnight and got the same result.

"We need to keep a journal with us to write all this stuff down." Hicca said with her brother nodding in agreement.

Next day in the Arena, the teens were up against the blue Deadly Nadder (Gobber decided to be nice enough to only let one Deadly Nadder out this time. This didn't really make a difference to the teens though.). As the Nadder charged after Hicca, she dropped her axe and shield, making the Nadder stop in confusion. 'Why was this human not attacking?' A battle cry made Hicca look up and saw Astrid running towards the Nadder with her axe ready. Hicca frantically scratch the Nadder under its chin, trying to find its' weak spot. She found it just in time as the Nadder instantly dropped to the ground causing Astrid to stop and look at her in shock. That night Hicca and Hiccup went to the Great Hall for dinner. They went to sit with Raeda and what they didn't expect was to be instantly swarmed by all the Vikings, teens and adults. All that is except for a blonde Hofferson girl who was not happy with the turn of events.

Another flight trial with Hiccup and Toothless resulted in another crash-landing on to the ground. Hiccup slowly tried to get up, cradling his left arm, as his sister came.

"Hiccup! Are you ok?" Hicca asked, worried.

"Don't worry sis. I'm fine." Hiccup said, still holding his left arm.

Hicca, knowing her brother too well, was not convinced. She grabbed his left arm, ignoring his protest, and pulled down his sleeve revealing his bleeding arm. She then gave him a look that said 'Who are you trying to fool.'