Test Flight

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

"Okay there, bud, we're going to go slow and steady until we get the hang of this." Hiccup said before he consulted his newly made cheat sheet which was clipped onto his saddle. "Here we go. Here we go... position three, no, four." The Haddock twins and the Night Furies flew downwards and then through the sea stacks with perfect manoeuvres.

"Yes, it worked!" "Alright!"

All was going well until...

"Whoops! Sorry!" Hiccup shouted as he flew Toothless into one of the sea stacks "My bad!" He apologised as he flew him into another one seconds later. Annoyed, Toothless hit him with his ear plate "Yeesh! Alright, I get it!"

"You have a cheat sheet in front of you and you're still crashing into sea stacks. That's just sad." Hicca called out as she and Midnight flew by the boys' side.

"Hey! I'd like to see you try and control half a dragons' tailfin!" Hiccup retorted before checking his cheat sheet "Position four, uh, three."

Then he and Toothless flew upwards followed by Hicca and Midnight.

"Woo-hoo! This is so cool!" Hicca shouted feeling the rush of adrenaline kick in.

"Oh, this is amazing! The wind in my..." Before Hiccup could finish his sentence, the rapid wind blew the cheat sheet out of the clip of the saddle, making it fly above Hiccup. "CHEAT SHEET! STOP!" he yelled out as he tried to catch the cheat sheet. He caught it, but when he jumped from the saddle, his harness got unhook by the saddle causing Hiccup and Toothless to free-fall, much to theirs and the girls horrors.

"HICCUP! TOOTHLESS!" Hicca yelled before she and Midnight dived down to try and save them "Hang on, guys! Hang on! We're coming!"

As they were falling, Hiccup tried desperately to get back on the saddle. "Alright! Easy bud! Just angle yourself! Okay, no, no, no... come back down towards me! This way! Come back down- YOW!" He yelled as Toothless accidently hit him with his tailfin.

"Faster Midnight! Faster!" Hicca cried, hoping to get to the boys in time.

Fortunately, Hiccup just managed to reattach himself back to the saddle, with his cheat sheet in his mouth. Hicca and Hiccup then pulled their dragons out and into oncoming sea stacks. Hiccup tried to look at that the cheat sheet, but the wind was making him unable to see it. Suddenly, with a newfound sense of determination, he decided to throw the cheat sheet away and let his instincts take over. Both he and his sister guided their dragons through the sea stacks without bumping into each other. They moved in perfect sync, it was like all four of them have the same mindset.

After they made it out of the sea stacks, it took a few minutes for the twins to register what happened before they raised their hands up in triumph. "YEEAHHH!" "WE DID THAT!" they shouted. Midnight and Toothless decided to add to the celebration by firing one plasma blast each, much to the twins' dismay.

"Ah, come on!" "Of course this has to happen to us!" they muttered as they flew into the inferno.

After that, they landed on a deserted place. Hicca and Midnight were catching fish to eat while Hiccup and Toothless were gathering wood to get a fire going. The four of them sat down and enjoyed the view of the sunset, while eating fishes. Toothless and Midnight regurgitated one fish each to offer to their riders while their fishes were cooking.

"It's fine Midnight. My fish is almost done." Hicca said politely.

"Uh... no thanks bud. I have my own." Hiccup said showing Toothless his fish.

"Well, overall I'd say it was a good official first time flight." Hicca said.

"Yeah, if you ignore the near-death and the flying into fire part." Hiccup said sarcastically.

Suddenly a group of Terrible Terrors came by, attracted to the fish. As they came closer, Toothless and Midnight gave a warning growl, protectively keeping their fishes away from the smaller dragons. This did not deter the Terrible Terrors though as one of them grabbed the fish that Toothless regurgitated for Hiccup. Another Terror came and snatch it away causing the two Terrors to start fighting. Toothless and Midnight snorted at the sight until one of the fish caught Toothless' eye. It started to move on its own! Toothless then took the fish and ate it, revealing another Terrible Terror behind the deception. Upset about losing the fish, the dragon was getting ready to fire at Toothless. But just as it opened its mouth, Toothless fire a plasma blast at its mouth, causing the dragon the fall down, then stumble away defeated.

"Not fireproof on the inside." Hiccup noted.

"I'll add this to the journal." Hicca said, taking the journal out of her satchel.

As she was writing this new piece of information down, Hiccup tossed one of his fish towards the Terrible Terror. "There you go." The dragon ate it up instantly and then went to lie down next to Hiccup.

"Any idea on how we can use this in the next training without anybody getting suspicious?" Hicca asked. When her brother didn't answer her, she looked up and saw him petting the sleeping Terrible Terror next to him. She then got up and went to sit next to him.

Hiccup then came to a realisation "Everything we know about you guys is wrong."

"All this time, we've been fighting against dragons when we could be living in peace with them. It could have saved so many lives, both human and dragons." Hicca said, looking at the sleeping Terror.