Back to Berk

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

It took a while to get the ship back to Berk, with all the teens, except for Hicca, still trying to get use to flying dragons. But eventually they made it back. When the villagers saw the six dragons, they started panicking. But luckily, Stoick was able to diffuse the panic immediately and explained everything. Gobber and some of the warriors, who came with them, even backed him up. The villagers were a bit hesitant, but seeing as the chief is okay with this, they tried being open-minded about the change in the situation. More ships were sent back to the Nest where the remaining Vikings were as Stoick carried Hiccup back to their home with Hicca, Midnight, Toothless and Gobber right behind him. Stoick and Gobber moved Hiccups' bed downstairs, near the fire. Before Gobber left Hicca stopped him.

"Gobber, do you mind doing two things for me?" She asked.

"Of course, anything." Gobber replied.

"A few months ago, Hiccup made a design for a prosthetic foot to serve as an alternate for a peg leg. Do you think you can make that? I'm sure that's what he would want."

"Okay. And the second?"

"Can you make the prosthetic tailfin and saddle for Toothless? You're going to have to modify the left stirrup, though."

"Give me the designs and I will see what I can do."

"Thanks, there in the drawer of Hiccups' work desk our room of the forge."

Gobber then left and the Night Furies decided to take a nap. Stoick then took this opportunity to speak with his daughter. "So, a healer?" He asked.

Hicca took a deep breath and turned to face her father. This was it. "Yes, I've always been fascinated by it since I was eleven and I really like to help people." She replied.

"Did you ever want to be a dragon-slayer at all?"

Hicca took another deep breath "No, honestly the thought of killing dragons use to bother me a lot. I never understood why until Hiccup and I met Toothless and Midnight."

"Why didn't you ever tell me this?"

"I guess, I just wanted to show everyone and myself that I am capable of being a healer. I mean, as you know, Hiccup and I didn't have the best reputation around here.

Guilt came back to Stoick as he realised that she was right. If a month ago, Hicca came and announced to everyone that she wanted to be a healer and was actually good at it, they would have laughed at her and mocked her and Stoick would have just shook his head, dismissing the idea immediately.

He then came in front of Hicca, kneeled down to reach her height and took her hands in his. "I'm so sorry, Hicca. For everything. I never should have ignored you or Hiccup like that. I never wanted to make you feel like I don't believe in you because the truth is I do. No doubt you're going to be one of the best healers on Berk. And I promise I will never turn my back on either of you. I'm so proud of both of you." He said.

Hearing that, Hicca immediately wrapped her arms around her father "Thanks daddy." She whispered. He returned the hug.

As soon as the rest of the Vikings came back from the Nest, preparations had to be made to accommodate the dragons in the village. As chief, Stoick had to be out there guiding everyone. He was reluctant to leave his children alone in the house, especially when one of them is in a coma, but Hicca, who has taken a vow not to leave the house until her brother wakes up, assured him that with Midnight and Toothless they will be alright. The chief then left, promising to be back in a few hours.

Hicca did a check-up on her brother to make sure that his stump was healing and that he wasn't getting a fever. She then heard the door open. 'That was fast.' She thought. She looked up and saw it actually wasn't her father. It was Astrid.

"Oh, hi Astrid." Hicca said.

"Hey." Astrid replied. She then walked inside. "How's Hiccup?"

"He's alright so far. His stump is healing nicely and no signs of fever. But it doesn't look like he's going to wake up for a while." She informed her.

"Oh." Astrid said. There was a slight pause before she continued. "It was really impressive what you did back there. Treating all the wounds and taking control. You'd be a really good healer and acting chieftess."

"Thanks Astrid." They were both in silence as they realised that this is the first time in a long while that they were left alone talking. The final exam didn't count because they both focused on Hiccup. But now it felt kind of awkward.

Astrid then decided to speak up "Hicca, I'm really sorry."

"Astrid, you already apologised-"

"No, I didn't apologise properly. I'm sorry I ditched you guys to hang out with the other teens, I'm sorry I give you guys glares and never stood up for either of you and I'm sorry I yelled at both of you. I just wanted to be a good warrior to bring honour back to my family."

"What do you mean?"

"Do you remember my uncle Finn?"

"Fearless Finn Hofferson?"

"He lost that title. Do you remember the Frightmare, a terrifying dragon that comes every ten years to Berk?" Hicca nodded. "Well when it came ten years ago, Uncle Finn confronted it and tried to fight it. I don't know what happened to him after that but he didn't move at all. People said he frozen in fear at the sight of the dragon. That has put my familys' name to shame ever since. After that I vowed to restore and when the time train to become warriors, I guess I got too caught with being a good warrior that I forgot about being a good friend and for that I'm sorry."

Hicca was quiet, letting Astrids' words set in. She did remember now what happened during the Arvin Dales Fire. How after that, the rumours spread about what happened to Finn Hofferson. She then spoke up "You know Astrid, after the Nadder incident, I was fully prepared to ignore you for the rest of my life. I didn't think our friendship was ever going to come back. But after what you did for us, helping Hiccup in the Arena and snapping us out of our depressions, I saw the same Astrid I knew and was friends with. I saw another chance. So I'm willing to forgive you and start over if you are."

Astrid smiled and nodded "Deal."

The door opened again and this time it was Raeda. "Hey Hicca. Oh Astrid, you're also here with Hicca in the same room? And both of you are still alive?"

Knowing she was referring to their once feud, Hicca and Astrid chuckled "Yes Rae. We're still alive. And back to being friends. The past is in the past." Hicca said and Astrid nodded in agreement.

"Well good to hear. Anyways, did you guys hear what Snotlout and the Thorston twins did with their dragons? You two should have been there." And just like that the three girls spent hours talking about the days' events.

Astrid then turned to comatose Hiccup. "I hope he wakes up soon."

"Don't worry he will." Hicca said. "I know my brother he's too stubborn to die. When he wakes up you'll be able to tell him exactly how you feel about him."

"What are you talking about?" Astrid asked, though she had a feeling she knew.

"I'm talking about your new found crush for my brother. Don't think I didn't see that kiss."

"Wait, Astrid kissed Hiccup?" Raeda asked her eyes wide.

"She only kissed him on the cheek. But maybe when he wakes up Astrid can give him one on the lips." Hicca teased, causing Astrid to blush.

"Better hurry Astrid. Wouldn't want someone else to get your guy would you?" Raeda said joining in the teasing.

"Oh, shut up!