The Bond

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Moments later, they arrived at the Cove with each twin carrying a fish and Hiccup holding up a shield just in case. They walk through passageway of the Cove with Hiccup leading his with his shield in front until it got stuck between the rocks of the narrow path.

"Uh, we forgot to check something." Hiccup said as he struggled to get his shield out of the way.

"Yeah, no kidding." Hicca said, grateful that she didn't bring a shield.

Realizing that the shield wasn't going to come out, Hiccup gave up and decided to crawl under the shield followed by his sister. As they got up, they started looking around for the Night Furies who seemed to have disappeared. Unbeknownst to them, the two Night Furies were perched high up on the rocks, observing the two humans.

Only when Hiccup and Hicca turned around they saw the two dragons watching them. The dragons then jumped to the ground approaching the two kids cautiously while Hiccup and Hicca stood there holding their fishes out as an offer to the dragons. Then the dragons' pupils turned into slits as they started growling.

On a hunch, Hiccup and Hicca took out their daggers that they brought with them. This caused the dragons to get in position to pounce on Hiccup and Hicca. The twins then dropped their daggers. Seeing that this did not calm the dragons, they simultaneously lifted their own daggers with their feet and tossed it to the pond. This put the Night Furies at ease as their pupils became wider and they adopted a more curious look. They then slowly walked towards the twins who held the fishes out for them to take. To the twins' surprise, the Night Furies open their mouth to reveal gums where their teeth should be.

"Uh, I'm not the only one who's seeing this right?" Hicca asked.

"No you're not. Huh. Toothless. I could've sworn I saw the two of you had..." Hiccup was then cut off as sharp teeth appeared from both the dragons' mouth. The dragons then snatched the fish out of the kids' hands and ate it in one go.

"...Teeth." Hiccup said in shock.

"At least we still have all our fingers." Hicca said equally shocked.

The dragon then got closer to the twins until they had them cornered against a rock.

"Uh, uh, no, no, no. There's no more fish." Hiccup said nervously

"That was all we have, sorry." Hicca said in a soft voice.

Hearing that the two Night Furies turned to look at each other then made some retching sounds. This confused Hicca and Hiccup, until the two dragons regurgitated half of their fish, one fish on each twins' lap. The dragons then sat on their haunches and looked between the twins and the regurgitated fish.

Realizing what they were supposed to do, Hicca turned to her brother "I will only do this if you do this." She said.

Hiccup sighed, and then took a bite out of his half saliva-coated fish as his sister did the same. It took all they had not to throw up the disgusting fish as they turned to the dragons, convincing them that the fish was actually good. The dragons then swallowed, telling the twins that they have to do that. With a sigh both twins swallowed, turning green.

They then gave the dragons a small smile which the dragons tried to replicate, shocking both Hiccup and Hicca. The twins then looked at each other before getting up and reaching one hand each towards the Night Furies. However, it did not look like the Night Furies were ready to trust them just yet. Instead, they gave a warning growl and went somewhere else. The twins then decided to stay in the Cove and observe the dragons a bit more. During this, the two discovered that the dragons were mates when they their displayed affection for each other, like nuzzling and warbling each other in a loving way. When the Night Furies settled down for a nap, to their annoyance they found the twins suddenly sitting close to them offering them friendly smiles. The Night Furies simply huffed and each used a wing as a drape. Seeing this opportunity, Hiccup and Hicca tried to touch the dragons only to be caught by said dragons as they lifted their wings. Caught, the twins simply walked away, leaving the dragons to sleep in peace.

Awhile later, the dragons woke up to find the two humans were still there. Curious, both the dragons went to where the humans were to see what they were doing. Hicca and Hiccup, who were drawing the dragons on the dirt with sticks, noticed the dragons were behind them but neither said anything as they continued drawing. After observing what the twins were doing the dragons looked at each other before going somewhere. Puzzled, the twins looked up and were stunned to find that the dragons had each uprooted a tree and began dragging the trees in the sand. Hiccup and Hicca could only watch in amazement as the two dragons did their version of drawing. When they were done, Hiccup and Hicca started walking around observing the artwork made by the two dragons.

Their thoughts were then interrupted by two sudden growls, again directed at Hiccup who stopped in confusion. Hicca turned and saw that her brother had stepped on one of the lines. She rushed to him and pulled him from there, careful not to ruin the artwork.

"Don't step on the lines. These guys are just like Raeda whenever she finishes her artwork." She whispered.

Hiccup nodded in understanding and both of them carefully stepped over the lines, being careful not to bump into each other. When they made it to a clear space, they then noticed that they were both inches away from the two Night Furies. The twins tried once again to reach their hand out only to get the same response from both dragons. The twins then tried a different approach. They each kept one hand up and looked away, letting the dragons decide to trust them or not. Both Night Furies, realizing the significance of this, decided to trust the two kids. The female Night Fury pressed her snout on Hiccas' hand while the male Night Fury pressed his snout on Hiccups'. Awestruck, Hiccup and Hicca looked up at the Night Furies, who looked back at them and snorted as they went off.

The twins still amazed at what happened looked at each other with only one word said "Wow."