The Final Battle (part 1)

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Back to the Viking warriors, the ships were getting closer and closer to the Nest as it passed a wrecked ship.

"Ah. So that's where that ship went. Mystery solved." Gobber commented.

"Stay low and ready your weapons." Stoick ordered, as they nearly reached the island. Once they got there, the chief was the first to jump off and survey the land. "We're here."

At the Arena the teens, besides Astrid and Hicca, watched in awe as Hiccup guided the now calm Monstrous Nightmare out of its' cage with his hand near the dragons' snout. Snotlout, however, was feeling a bit uneasy as he slowly began to pick up a broken spear from the ground. Luckily, Astrid caught him in time.

"Uh-uh." She said, hitting him on the shoulder. Reluctantly, he dropped it.

Hiccup then brought the dragon closer to Snotlout and took the Jorgenson boys' hand. Snotlout started to panic. "Wait! What are you...?!"

"Relax. Just calm down." Hiccup said, taking his cousins' hand again.

"Don't panic, Snotlout. You show the dragon you trust it, it will trust you in return." Hicca advised.

Hiccup slowly moved Snotlouts' hand towards the snout of the dragon, causing it to purr in content much to Snotlouts' amazement and relief. However, he started to get worried again when Hiccup moved away from him. "Where are you going?!"

"You guys will need something to hold on to while riding dragons." Hiccup said holding up some rope.

"Trust us. This is from experience." Hicca added. The teens turned around and saw that the Haddock girl had opened the rest of the cages that contained the two Deadly Nadders, the Gronckle and the Hideous Zippleback.

"When we crack this mountain open, all hell is going to break loose." Stoick said as they devised a strategy.

"And my undies. I knew it was a good thing I always pack extras". Gobber said.

Stoick ignored that and continued "This war will end today no matter what."

Stoick then raised his right arm and gave the signal. At that signal, the Vikings used one of the catapults to launch a boulder at the mountains, creating an entrance. Stoick then approached the entrance, while the others stayed in their positions. The Vikings then fired a flaming boulder into the entrance, revealing thousands of dragons hidden in the cave. Stoick gave a battle roar and charged into the mountains. The dragons, seeing the newly-formed opening, immediately flew out. The warriors raised their weapons high and prepared to fight. But to their surprise, none of the dragons fought back. All the dragons just flew passed them and away from the island.

"That's it?" Gobber wondered. He then shrugged and turned to the other warriors.

"We've done it!" Spitelout yelled. The other warriors cheered. They were victorious.

Stoick, however, felt a little unsettled. That was too easy. These dragons raided their village every night and were relentless in getting their prey. Yet when the Vikings came to their home, the dragons flee without a fight. Stoick then looked at where Toothless and Midnight were and saw that they were backing away in fear. Seeing that, Stoick knew something was wrong. "It's not over yet! Form your ranks! Hold together!"

The other warriors stopped their celebration and went back to their positions. Suddenly, a thunderous roar was heard, alarming the warriors as they never heard anything like it.

"Move away, fast!" Stoick yelled as he moved away from the entrance.

The entrance of the mountain started to break further apart as the same gigantic dragon that Hiccup, Hicca and Astrid have seen came out and into view.