The Nadder Incident

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

Elsewhere, far away from Berk was a fleet of ships locked in a search for the Dragons' Nest and on the leading ship of the search was Stoick the Vast who eyes were filled with determination. "I can almost smell them. They're within reach. Steady the ships." He said in a low voice as the ships started to move inside a fog. "Head towards the fog." He commanded. However a few seconds after they moved in the fog, screams and shouts were heard as the dragons found them!

Meanwhile, the next day back at Berk, Hiccup and Hicca decided to find out what they can about Night Furies, hang out with Raeda for a few hours and then head to the Cove. However, they soon found out that asking Gobber a few questions during training would be easier said than done!

"You know, Hicca and I read the Dragon Manual and we noticed that it didn't have much information about Night Furies. Is there another book for that? Or a sequel? Maybe a little Night Fury pamphlet or something?" Hiccup asked Gobber who was on a perch above the arena

"Or maybe someone we could talk to-"Hicca tried right before she and her brother got their axes blasted.

"Keep your heads in training, you two. Neither of you are even trying!" Gobber shouted.

For today's training the entire arena was set up as maze and the goal for the eight teens was to navigate through the maze. To add to this, they also had to dodge two Deadly Nadders, one blue and one purple, who not only fired flames but also spikes from their tails!

"Today lesson is another simple one: ATTACK! Deadly Nadders are very stealthy because they are very quick and light on their feet! You need to be quicker and lighter than them!"

"AAAAAH! I'm really beginning to question your very unique teaching methods!" Fishlegs yelled as he narrowly avoided Nadder spikes

"You're beginning to? I've been questioning them since day one!" Raeda yelled as she ran through the maze.

Gobber ignored that and continued "Look for its blind spot. Every dragon has one. You can use it to your advantage if you can find it, hide in it, and strike!"

Ruffnut and Tuffnut tried to follow that advice when they came face to face with the blue Nadder. Unfortunately that was not working well for Ruffnut.

"Ugh! Do you ever bathe? Do you even know what that is?"

"Hey, this is my blind spot! If you don't like find your own blind spot!" Tuffnut said, shoving his sister.

"I'll show you what a blind spot looks like!" However their argument was cut off as the Nadder, who now knew they were there shot deadly spikes at them! They ran away, just managing to avoid the spikes.

"Just because a dragon has a blind spot, doesn't mean it has a deaf spot." Gobber said in a bored tone.

Hicca decided to give another shot in asking for Night Furies. "So, is there another book we could get on Night Furies? Or maybe we could ask Trader Johann when he comes on next visit." Distracted, Hicca didn't realize two things. One, she got separated from her brother and two, the purple Deadly Nadder has spotted her and was getting ready to fire! Luckily Raeda, who was nearby, saw this and managed to save Hicca from being burnt to death!

"Why are you two suddenly asking about Night Furies in the middle of training?" Raeda asked, more curious than annoyed, as the both of them ran away to avoid the Nadder.

"We were just wondering the Dragon Manual had nothing about them." Hicca replied half-honestly.

Hiccup, meanwhile, also decided to try the same thing his sister did "Hey, so how would one sneak up on a Night Fury?" He asked Gobber.