First Flight

Disclaimer: I do not own anything from How to train your dragon

The next day, the two of them arrived at the Cove early morning before dragon training, each carrying a heavy basket.

"Toothless! Midnight! We've got breakfast for you two!"

The Night Furies then came up to them, seeming to like their new names. Hicca and Hiccup then opened their baskets, revealing fishes to the two dragons.

"Okay, that's disgusting. Uh... you two are in for a treat. We've got some salmon, some nice Icelandic cod, and a whole smoked eel." Hiccup said. Just then Toothless and Midnight both backed away from the piles with a repulsed look directly towards to smoked eel. Hiccup then went to pick up the eel from Toothless' pile, causing both dragons to back away further.

"No, no, no, no! It's okay. Yeah, I'm not a fan of eel either." Hiccup said as he threw the eel away.

"Let me just get that." Hicca said as she picked up the eel from Midnights' pile and quickly threw it away. "Sorry about that, guys. We'll be sure to remember not to get eel next time."

Toothless and Midnight then went to eat the fish. While they were doing that Hiccup quietly took the tailfin he brought with him and moved behind Toothless, while his sister kept an eye on the dragons. After a bit of struggle in trying to keep Toothless' tail still, Hiccup got on top of the tail and managed to strap the tailfin on. Unbeknownst to him, Toothless who finished his meal started noticing a sudden weight on his tail. He then spread his wings while Midnight looked at Hiccup in confusion. 'What was he up to?'

Hicca then saw Toothless' reaction and tried to warn her brother but he wasn't paying attention.

"It's okay. Okay... okay... hold still...There. It looks alright, got the right measurements." He muttered assessing the new tailfin.

"Uh, Hiccup? I really think you should get-" However she didn't get to finish her sentence as Toothless suddenly shot in the air with Hiccup in tow still on his tailfin!

"Whoa! No! No! No!"

"HICCUP!"

Just like before, Toothless started falling to the ground as the artificial tailfin could not open by itself. Before they could hit the ground, Hiccup manually opened the tailfin causing Toothless to take a sharp turn away from the ground.

Hicca sighed in relief, happy to see that their new invention was working perfectly. Midnight looked up at her now airborne mate, getting ready to join him. But then one look at the girl, she realized that Hicca would be left out because she would be the only one on the ground. An idea suddenly came to her. Hicca got the shock of her life as Midnight suddenly grabbed her shoulders by her claws and flew her up.

"Whoa! What the-! Midnight! Oh wow! Oh-" Hicca screamed as saw the saw the ground getting smaller. However, as she started chuckling nervously, slowly becoming amazed at the view.

As Toothless and Hiccup flew over the pond, Hiccup started to rejoice "Oh, my... it's working! Yes! Yes, we did it Hicca!"

This caused Toothless to realize that Hiccup was on his tail. With a snort, he used his tail to throw Hiccup into the pond. Unfortunately, that caused the artificial tailfin to close up and as a result, Toothless plummeted into the pond. This did not faze Hiccup though as he bobbed out of the pond feeling victorious.

Midnight then flew to the ground with a gentle landing as she let go of Hicca, causing the human girl to stumble.