04

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

Armani woke up at 7a.m to get ready for work, she worked at Nike until 4p.m. Then, she  worked at Kingston's diamonds from 8p.m to 2 a.m.

She sighed as she got up from bed, as much as she hated waking up early she had to get to the money. She went to the bathroom and brushed her teeth then put on her favorite Aztec mask. While letting it sit for 10-15 minutes she called her dad.

"Hey mani, up for work?" He asked already knowing.

Armani's dad knew all of her jobs and he didn't judge not one. He met her mom when she was a stripper, not because her mom couldn't get another job, but because she liked the money, and if he married a stripper who was he to judge? He supported her because he knew that she wasn't going to be one forever.

"Yep, I'm exhausted from Azari's party last night." She said.

"I'd expect you to be, I hope you're keeping up with your homework though." He said.

"Of course." She said. "I only go out every once in a while, you know this."

"Yeah I know but listen mani, I gotta client coming in and papers to look at so I'll call you after work." He said.

"Okay." She agreed and hung up.

She got into the shower and washed up, then got out after 20 minutes. She rubbed cocoa butter on her bare skin, and got dressed in the familiar Nike uniform. She didn't feel like wearing shoes so she put on her white crocs and grabbed her keys. She left and stopped at Starbucks before heading to the mall.

She blasted Exchange by Bryson Tiller while she drove. She pulled up 20 minutes before opening and went in.  Everyone was setting their stuff in the back and she did the same. She unlocked the register and opened the doors to signal that they were open.

People didn't start coming until 10 and it didn't start getting busy until 12. She put her AirPods in and listened to music while she worked.

"Thank you and come again." She said smiling at the lady and the little girl in front of her.

"Thanks for the help and have a good day." The lady said.

"You too." She responded.

"Excuse me." Somebody said.

She looked up from the cash register to see two little girls and their parents.

"Can I get these in a size 3 and 4?" The mom asked.