11

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

"The ghetto, the absolute ghetto... you want ME to apologize for what?" Asked Armani because she wasn't sure she heard right.

"For beating her ass." Said Monty. "She not lettin me see my baby until you do."

Fuck yo kid.

"Delusional." She said.

"What?" He said looking at her confused.

"You're delusional." She said as she walked to the couple she was helping.

"All you gotta do is apologize." He said.

"I don't give a damn, next time she needs to ask before she comes at me on some tough shit." She said walking back to the register.

He smacked his teeth and walked out the store causing her to shrug, she genuinely didn't give an ounce of a fuck.

"Thanks come again." She said as she ringed up the last couple of customers. She stared at her watch seeing that it was 3 p.m, she got off in 30 minutes.

"Excuse me." Said a small voice, she looked down and seen a little boy.

"Yes?"

"Uhm uhm c-c-can I get t-these in a size 5." He mumbled.

She smiled. "Yeah sure, go back to your parents and ill go find you."

He nodded his head and she went to the back grabbing the shoes in his size.

"Here you go." She said as she approached the little boy and what looked like his brother. "Will that be all?"

"Yes." The brother said nodding his head and she went back to the register. She rung up everybody and soon it was time for her to go.

She decided to go visit her granny so she drove down to her apartment in the projects. They tried to convince her to move but she wouldn't budge. She parked her car in a neighborhood over and pulled her gun from her glove department putting it in her bag. She locked the doors and prayed that her tires would still be there when she returned.

"Hey gran." said Armani  walking in.

"Who that is?!" Said granny. "I gotta glock 19 and ion miss!"

"Granny its me." She said walking into the living room where her grandmother was at.

"Girlll you almost made me knock your head off your shoulders." She said holding her gun.

Armani rolled her eyes. "You wouldn't be so paranoid of somebody breaking in if you'd just move in with daddy."

"Child I am 58 years old and you know what that means? Ive been alive for 58 years, I can take care of myself cause I'm not going no where no time soon, and ain't no muhfucka gon come in here thinking they gon kill me." She said. "You can take the lady out the hood but you can't take the hood out the lady, ill knock a muhfucka head in."

"Period, how are you though?" asked Armani taking a seat on one of the brown stools.

"I am feeling great, I just came back from yoga with Teresa from up the street then we took a walk in the park." She said.

Armani smiled. "Thats good, keep exercising but remember don't over do it."

"I know what to do and not to do." She said waving her off. "I made some fettuccini Alfredo along with some barbecue chicken and collards."

"Yes ma'ammm." Said Armani. "I want two to go plates too."

Armani grandmother raised her eyebrow at her. "You must think I look like door dash or uber eats tryna take all my food."

Armani laughed. "Only cause your food hits different, you taught me all the recipes and still it just never hits the same."

"Thats cause it has grandma's heart and soul in it." She said. "I put my all into everything i do, your grandfather even said he was sure he fell in love with me the first time I cooked for him."

"Y'all were and still are the power couple." Said Armani admiring their many pictures on the wall along with their 7 kids.

She was getting down safe to say, she had 4 uncles and 3 aunts on her mom side with 9-10 cousins. She didn't know most of them because they lived everywhere but she knew 4 lived in New york which she was all cool with.

"I miss him alot you know." She said.

"I don't blame you. 40 years is a long while to be married, nowadays people are lucky to even seen a decade together before everything turns into shit." Said Armani.

"Watch your mouth lil girl, you still not grown ion care how old you is." said granny eyeing her. "But yeah people always said we were crazy when he proposed and I said yes, they always told us we were too young but did we give a damn? No."

"And look at how well y'all did, y'all lasted longer than those same ones that talked down on y'all."

"Yep, now look at em all. They bitter, ugly, stank, and broke." Said Granny. "Most of them already in nursing homes and the rest of them fucked up their lives."

Armani looked at her granny shocked. "Talk yo ish then grandma."

"Oh I will cause Serina and her sister Natalie had me fucked up at the park, me and teresa almost made them walk with a limp limp like megan the horse say."

Armani bursted out laughing. "Ma thats Megan the stallion."

"Thats what I said, megan the dragon." She said sitting down to her food.

Armani shook her head. "You truly are something else."

"Oh I know."