09

𝙰𝚁𝙼𝙰𝙽𝙸 𝙽𝙴'𝚉𝙸𝙰𝙷 𝙶𝙸𝙱𝚂𝙾𝙽𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

𝙱𝚁𝙾𝙾𝙺𝙻𝚈𝙽, 𝙽𝚈

Armani stared at her computer screen tapping her nails on the desk, she had finished testing 20 minutes ago but she was terrified to press submit. For some reason, even if she knew the answers, testing terrified. She watched as people submitted their test, some left happy and some left crying. She did not want to be one of the ones leaving crying.  She stared at her screen for 5 minutes more and finally, pressed submit.

Loading results... the screen read. The rotating circle drove her crazy with anticipation, it went on for almost 10 seconds until her grade loaded.

The screen read 87%, she smiled to herself seeing that hours of crying and studying she did had paid off. She exited the test then shut her laptop and stuffed it in her MK tote bag. On her way to the door, someone calls her name causing her to turn around in the direction it was coming from.

She looked and saw that it was one of her school associates Ryanne and walked over to her.

"Wassup?" She asked looking at her cause the two talked from time to time but Ryanne gave her sneaky vibes.

"Girl what'd you get on the test?" Asked Ryanne.

"An 87, what'd you get?" Asked Armani.

"I failed! I gotta 67, I can just see how bad my grades gonna drop." She said.

"Oh." Said Armani because she didn't know what to say in response.

"I'mma need to sit beside you next test." she said.

"Mmhm." Her friend agreed.

"Y'all do realize that the questions are in different orders, so if you think you boutta cheat off me best of luck." Said Armani.

"I mean...you can always send us the answers." Said Ryanne.

Armani stared at her with a blank stare. "Are you dumb? You want me to risk my grades for YOU? Never."

The two looked at her shocked and she shrugged walking off. She grabbed her keys from inside her bag and walked to her car unlocking it. Pressing the lock button, she went to her playlist, and tapped another one of her favorite songs titled Big Poppa by the Notorious B.I.G. Putting the volume all the way up as she started the car, and drove off waving at a couple of people who waved at her.

She watched the road intently as she drove down the highway, she rapped along as she maneuvered to the lane where her exit was. She suddenly stomped on her breaks when she saw an accident happen right before her eyes. The car slammed into the side of the rail and the other cars are smoking rlly bad. She gets out the car and locks it in case someone thinks of stealing it and opened the car door pullin out the kids then the parents.

"Oh my god thank you!" Said the mother breaking down.

"Mommy my head!" Cried the little boy and girl.The kids had a wound on their heads. Other people stopped and pulled people out the cars which was now catching on fire.

She helped to contain their wounds by pressing whatever cloth they had in the car against the worst wounds to stop the bleeding. She called the police and decided to wait since she was technically a witness. She didn't know what the saw but she tried her best. They thanked her telling her that they'll take over and minutes later, she hears sirens. She gets in her car and continues her journey home.

Arriving home, she changes out of her clothes and puts on something more comfortable. She puts on an oversized shirt and her house shoes and does her cleaning routine. She puts on a face mask and then wipes down her kitchen while it set. Her phone dinged and she saw that it was Azari, she hadn't hung out with her in a while.

Zari🦋: Shopping?

Armani stared at her already overflowing closet. Do I really need more clothes? She asked herself but then she thought fuck it. She got up and grabbed the closest thing to her— she put on a blue tube dress and some brown slides then grabbed her LV bag, just something simple. She grabbed her keys and left making sure to lock her condo door.

"Hey babyy!" Said Azari as Armani walked up to her in Forever 21.

"Hey girl." She responded giving her a hug.

"So Akeem is havin a kickback sometime tomorrow to celebrate the signing off of his bar."

Armani raised her eyebrow. "A bar?"

"Yup sis, that nigga can cook, he already have bartenders ready and shit." She explained.

"He needa come hire me." Mumbled Armani but Azari heard her.

"Girl you already got 3 jobs, the hell you need more for? And you got school uhn uhn." Said Azari shaking her head.

"B-but but-

"But nothing, you said you make how much a month with these 3 jobs?"

Armani smacked her teeth. "Only about $9,500."

Azari spat out her snapple she was drinking. "Ninety five what? You make more than me and I make $3,000. Shit you even have money left over even after bills."

Armani rolled her eyes. "But i want more."

"Why?" She asked.

"Because bitch, I like having money. It makes me feel good, I gotta grind to make it and I don't have time for shit else. School and money, those are my priorities. Money makes the world go round, and without it the world just leaves you behind and steps over you. I wanna be able to take care of myself and have money to tap in when shit gets rough."