Chapter 14: A Happy Date

The week went by so fast. Oh, and they all gave Tiffany a chance. They agreed with me and Tiffany was actually a nice girl. Never thought I would say something like that, but life surprises you in the most unexpected ways.

I was in the kitchen, trying to reach for my cookies, apparently everyone keeps forgetting I'm the shortest in the family.

"Need help." Matt said while wrapping his arms around my waist.

I turned around and sighed "I do, everyone keeps forgetting about my height."

He just chuckled and reached for the cookies on the top shelve. "Your cookies." He smiled while passing me the box.

I took it and place it on the counter, I wrapped my arms around his neck and pulled him into a kiss. "Thank you."

We went back to the living room to resume our movie. A few minutes later, Cole joined us.

"Where's Bella?" I asked.

"Home, she has a family dinner later." He said while grabbing one of my cookies.

"You're right, taste better when it belongs to someone else." Cole said which cause us to laugh.

......

The next day, I got ready for my date with Matt. I was excited. Since I had time to spare, I grabbed my car and went to the bakery, I needed some cookies for our date.

"Here you go, 15 happy cookies." He said as he handed me the box of cookies.

"That's a cute name. Happy cookies." I giggled. I gave him the money and went to my car then made my way back home. When I arrived, Matt was waiting.

"Last minute shopping." I grinned as he chuckled. I parked the car in the garage and then went inside his car. He pulled me into a kiss and then we made our way to the lake.

.......

We arrived at the lake and he was right, this place is so breathtaking. The water was crystal blue and you could breathe pure air. So, calming.

He put a table cloth on the grass and then we sat down. He placed the picnic basket in the middle and the cookies next to it.

"Mom cooked."

"Smells so delicious." I said while grabbing a plate. She made crispy chicken with mashed potatoes and gravy.

"Delicious, tell your mom, her food is awesome." I said in a daze.

He just chuckled. "I'll make sure to tell her. I told her this was your favorite food and she cooked it."

"You're the best." I pecked his lips. He just smiled.

After eating our food, we open the cookie box and ate one. And one became three.

"I feel so relaxed and I don't even know why." I said while lying on the grass.

"Same." He said while lying next to me.

Whatever it was, it made us feel a bit too, touchy feely. He got on top of me and started to kiss me with so much passion, the kiss was rough and sweet at the same time. His lips left mine and started to suck my neck. His hands roamed my body as mine grabbed his butt.

After our intense make out, we just laid on the grass looking at the sky watching the shapes of the clouds and kept laughing like idiots. I grabbed his face to make him face me. Whatever it was in our system, made me gather all the courage to tell him this.

I caressed his face and said, "You know, I just don't like you. I love you. I have for a while. I mean how can I not. Matt you're an amazing guy, you're sweet, caring and you have these amazing details with me." I pecked his lips.

"I love you too. I thought at first it was just cause you're my best friend, but the last few days made me realize that it was as more. You make my life interesting." He pressed his lips against mine. I deepen the kiss and we made out again.

"Feels great to finally say, I love you." I smiled. I got up and yelled, "I love Matthew Black!"

He got up and yelled, "I love Rain Michaels!"

We looked at each other and laughed. Those cookies have something in it. We were fine after food. Speaking of food, we got so hungry, we went for a second round of his mom food. There was a lot and nothing was left after this round.

"I'm still hungry, I could go for a pizza." I chuckled as he did too.

"There's a pizza place in town. Let's go." He grabbed my hand and dragged me away. We walked to town since it was close.

Once we arrived, we placed our orders and just talked while we waited.

30 minutes later, our pepperoni pizza arrived, along with our hot wings and our juices.

We devoured everything. The waitress came and she was in shock. She gave us the bill and Matt paid for everything, even though I insisted he rejected my money.

We left the pizza place laughing. Everyone looked at us like we were nuts. But honestly, we didn't care, we were having a great time.

We returned to the lake and decided to nap on the table cloth. We got really sleepy. You could say, it was a very happy date. And a fun one.