Chapter 136 - Deal or No Deal?

Flashback to the few minutes before Zhang Chenric had located Xing Yin.

Zhang Chenric had arrived at the City Hotel and approached the receptionist right away as he felt confident that his idea will definitely work.

"Good evening, Miss. I am a guest from the hall located in the west wing of the hotel. I have a situation here, do you think you can help me with it?" Zhang Chenric seemed serious as he spoke to the female receptionist.

"Hmm, let's see sir. Can you please tell me more details?" The receptionist promptly replied.

"I accidentally scratched a motorcycle with a license plate A-C1XXX in the parking lot. Can you please help me find its owner? I need to apologize and pay for the damage." Zhang Chenric lied without batting an eye.

"Aww that's awful, sir. But don't worry, I'll do my best to assist you with that. Kindly wait for a while here. I will have to consult this first with our manager."

The receptionist replied before she stood up to call for the manager.

The manager who was with Xing Yin a while ago just got out of the hall to continue doing his usual task.

He was about to get back to his post when the receptionist stopped him on his track to talk about a guest's concern.

"Can I have a moment with you, sir? A guest had approached me just now and asked for assistance. He told me he accidentally scratched a motorcycle within the hotel's parking so he wanted to apologize and pay for the damage." The receptionist carefully narrated the details to the manager.

"Are you sure he's a guest? Did you confirm first?"

"I-I haven't done that sir. Sorry."

"I will overlook this matter just this time. Please familiarize yourself with the protocols of the hotel again."

The manager said as he went straight to the reception area to personally assist the man claiming to be a guest of the hotel.

Soon after the manager reached the reception area, he told Zhang Chenric to present an ID and a proof that he was a guest of the hotel.

Zhang Chenric didn't waste much time as he showed his ID to the manager right away.

The manager's eyes opened wide when he learned what the man's name was.

However, being the person that he was, he can't help but doubt the man just like how he had doubted Xing Yin.

So he then asked a follow-up question,

"So, your name is Zhang Chenric? How are you related to General Prosecutor Zhang?"

"I'm his son." Zhang Chenric replied as he gave the manager his father's calling card.

The manager who was worried about the possibility of being sued by Xing Yin suddenly found a glimpse of hope coming from the calling card Zhang Chenric handed him.

The heavens must have heard his plea! Who would have thought that he was about to assist the son of the most influential prosecutor of the country?

What a good way to secure a connection with the prosecutor! He must do his best to impress the son though.

"Thank you so much for this sir. Let us check the guest list first."

The manager then rallied some of the hotel's staff to search for the guest with a motorcycle with the same license plate.

Zhang Chenric nodded his head in approval. He then moved around the area to observe.

After a few minutes, the manager came up to him and informed him that it might take them some time to locate the owner.