Chapter 220 - 221

🔘Chapter 220:  You are really no fun at parties!

"Nasty! Nasty! How dare that boy openly flirt with those girls?!"

An old man in a tweedy suit paired with bauta cera mask said as he stared daggers at Wang Yuvin with clenched fist and gritted teeth.

"Relaxe! He seemed not flirting with the girls to me. It was more like the other way around."

The old man wearing a Zanni mask beside him replied in a calm voice.

"Open your eyes! He was acting so coy with the girls in that table! How shameless! Even philandering in front of his young niece!"

The old man said, his angry face hidden beneath the mask he wore.

"Enough of the nonsense bickering! Why can't you see that there was something about that lad that drew people to him? He is a good-looking young man with a nice physique and a welcoming nature."

The other old man said as he excitedly cut open a seafood stuffed roasted lobster with his hands.

"Are you telling me that he wasn't flirting? That the girls just came to him, when in fact he was the one who approached their table with a breath-taking smile?! Aren't we friends? Why are you on that boy's side?" The old man said as he now glared at the person sitting beside him.

"Friends? I do not have a dumb friend! Excuse you, the young lad is the master of tonight's feast. Of course, he had to entertain esteemed guests. Their hotel should leave a lasting good impression not a negative one! Ha! Are you really a lawyer, Chairman Kiang?!" The other old man snapped.

How can he savor and enjoy the taste of the delicious food in front of him if the person beside him kept on complaining to him?

"Y-you! Why did you yell out my last name like that! What if my enemies heard that and decided to kill me right here, right now!" Chairman Kiang low-key fixed the mask he wore.

Making sure that his face was safely hidden underneath.

"Stop overthinking! Also, you already hired elite bodyguards from HPA, right?"

Chairman Xu said before he indulged himself with the delicacy in his hands.

"I did not hire them for myself, I hired them for my granddaughter. But that stubborn child! She can always find ways to escape them. Now, my poor heart is even more restless than ever!" Chairman Kiang's voice was full of frustration.

"Okay. nom– chomp—nom—chomp."

Chairman Xu's response was short, seemingly not interested with the Chairman's senseless rants.

"You glutton! How can you turn a blind eye to your long-time friend? You dare ignore me just because of the lobster you are eating?!"

However, it seemed that Chairman Kiang would not let him off the hook after all.

'Gulp!' Chairman Xu was not in a hurry to eat.

However, he wanted to knock some senses to his old friend that he ate the lobster in a single gulp.

Wiping the sides of his mouth with a table napkin, he then said:

"Atty. Kiang Jiyo, let me remind you. I attended this party to taste sumptuous delicacies and to show support to a new found friend's business. I went here to enjoy not to hear you lambast the friend I am supporting based on your limited knowledge! No wonder your granddaughter did not attend! You are really no fun at the parties!"