Chapter 137 - Day 1

"What a Jerk!" Xing Yin mumbled to herself as she watched the obnoxious man disappear from her eyes' sight.

She then rolled her eyes out of irritation.

Seriously? Out of the hundreds of thousands of people in the city, why did she have to come across with that Zhang Chenric? Why was the owner of the motorcycle that man?

Why can't it be anyone but him? While she searched for answers, enmity started to well up in her heart.

But before this hate can expand and ruin her mood for the evening's party, she noticed her father, CEO Xing walking towards their table and was accompanied by a man who seemed to be of the same age as him.

Was this businessman her father's new found friend? She hurriedly calmed herself down and fixed her appearance.

She must not look annoyed or irritated or her father might misinterpret her emotions.

Xing Yin inhaled deeply before she secured the hairpins that kept the strands of her hair in place.

She then crossed her legs as she sat primly in the upholstered French armchair with a tailored seat cushion and rested her arms on its padded armrests whilst she waited for her father and his friend to get closer.

Soon after her father and his friend were just only some few steps away from the table's location, she stood up and conditioned herself to give them her warmest greetings.

"Chairman Han, I would like you to meet my daughter, Xing Yin. Xing Yin, meet my new business partner Chairman Han." CEO Xing said as he introduced the two people to each other.

"Good evening, Chairman Han. I am pleased to meet you. My name is Xing Yin." Xing Yin said as she extended her soft and delicate hand to shake the chairman's hand.

"The pleasure is mine, Miss Xing!" The man said as he shook hands with Xing Yin and smiled warmly at her.

"I envy you, CEO Xing! You are so lucky to have such a beautiful daughter." The chairman instantly praised Xing Yin's beauty.

"Thanks, Chairman Han. But you are even luckier than I am. You are blessed with a son." CEO Xing's reply somehow made Xing Yin feel uncomfortable.

She wasn't unaware that her father wanted a son instead of a daughter like her.

Of course, he wanted a son who will carry the Xing surname, not a daughter who'll change her surname right after her marriage.

"Haha Let us just say that we are both lucky to have been blessed by wonderful offsprings."

Chairman Han then said as to lighten up the unsettling mood he himself brought upon the three of them.

"Let's have a seat first. By the way, where's your son?" CEO Xing asked as the three of them sat down in the colorful Bergere.

"I just sent him a text not too long ago and I'm still waiting for his reply." Chairman Han said as he threw a quick glance at the screen of his cellphone.

"Your son must be a busy man. To be able to have his own company at an early age, I must commend him!" CEO Xing showered Chairman's Han son with praises.

"Hahaha! You flatter me too much. But honestly, he doesn't entirely own the company. He has a wealthy business partner backing him up." Chairman Han told CEO Xing the truth.

"I see. But still, he's a business minded person, exactly what I am looking for a future son in law." CEO Xing said as he gave his daughter a side glance.