✓Chapter 8

Morgan's pov

Since Billie and I are the only ones I can clearly say got some good sleep,we woke early and made breakfast waiting for the grumpy asses to come down complaining.

I love having them around I don't really pay alot of bills because I get water from one of the rivers flowing around here,I didn't know stuff like electrical bills existed until Fin asked,so as you can see I don't really know the term 'bills' very well.

We were almost done with the breakfast when the doorbell rang and Billie went to get it.

"Uhm... Morgan"

"yeah"

"There's a cop looking for you" she jutted a thumb at the living room.

A cop?! I wonder what's going on,I finished up my last pancake I had on the stove and went pecking Billie on my way.

"Taggart... What are you doing here?" This cop gave me so much trouble when I first started hacking for them.

We grew close after months of him trying to get me to quit and I saved his life,I think that knocked some sense into him.

I wouldn't say we're best of friends but at least he stays out of my way.

"Can I talk you in private,it's kind of serious" he's nice today.

"Sure right this way" I led him into my study which is also my library and damn I haven't been in here in a while!

I sat down across from him by the desk "so what's up?"

"Your mother's death"

"Biological Or step mother?"

"Your step mother"

"What about her?"

"Did you have anything to do with her death?" I stared at him for a while.

"No i didn't,what makes you say that?"

"Well we find out that you knew some very hurting things before she died and chief wants you in the clear before continuing with this case"

"I loved and still love Purity like my mom, whether she gave birth to me or not,I thought I lost my girlfriend that day and the news about my mother's death came to me the next day, I was devastated Taggart. My mother and girlfriend in a week it was too much"

"When your girlfriend died you were seen leaving the hospital and that same day your mother got killed where we're you?"

"I was with Aries Holt,I wanted some air, she followed me from the hospital then made me drive to her house after a while of driving around where I stayed for a few hours before going to visit my biological mother's grave, coming back I get the news from my father about my step mom's death"

"Can I have this Aries Holt's contacts and address if you don't mind I'd also like to plug this small tablet to your GPS"