PART THREE: Jess

"Just here, on the right

"Just here, on the right."

You pull your car up to the sidewalk and turn the engine off.

"Is it that one?"

"Yeah, home sweet home."

Hannah throws her bag onto a coat hook by the door, you follow her lead into the large living room.

"Jess!"

No response.

"I'll be back in a minute okay?"

"Sure."

You sit down on the couch with butterflies swirling round in your stomach, fidgeting with the sleeve of your jumper.

Why am I so nervous?!

"Jess, this is (y/n)."

You spin round and your stomach stops doing butterflies and hits the floor.

"Hello sweetheart."

"Mina-"

Hannah laughs in disbelief. "What are you talking about?"

A wave of anger washes over you. "What am I talking about?! Are you kidding me?! This is my old boss, Wilhemina Venable!"

"Look, I'm sorry I lied about her age but Jess is-"

Wilhemina puts a hand on your friend's shoulder before cutting her off. "No, I'm sorry Hannah, she's right. You can leave now."

Hannah's eyes glisten with the tears welling up behind them. "I don't understand..."

"Let me spell it out for you. I've been using you to get close to your friend here. You see she was the one that got away, weren't you sweetheart?-"

You recoil from her hand.

"-But I was never going to let her get away. I'm certainly never going to let her marry Ally."

Hannah sniffs loudly as she wipes her eyes and nose on her jacket sleeve. "I-I love you-"

"Jesus Christ, you're pathetic."

"Don't speak to her like that Wilhemina, holy shit what's wrong with you?!"

Hannah spins round and runs out the room, you chase after her but your ex-boss blocks your path.

"Leave her. Look at me."

"What have you done?! She's my best friend!"

The older redhead scoffs. "She will detest you now, she was really quite fond of me."

"She's in love with you, you can't treat people this way."

"I love you."

"Don't-"

"I missed you, did you miss me?" Wilhemina runs a hand over your cheek, causing all your buried feelings to come rushing back to the surface.

Don't do it. Don't!

"Please, don't. It took me a year to stop thinking about you."

"Don't lie, you've never stopped thinking about me. I love you."

You push her away. "Stop saying that, I can't do this! I'm getting married in 6 months...Fuck!"

You turn quickly on your heel and throw yourself out the front door, feeling sick to your stomach as tears start to stream down your cheeks.

You manage to gather yourself enough to find your car keys, slamming the door and locking it right behind you incase Wilhemina tries to come out after you.

You wipe away the last of your tears before starting the engine and driving home.
______________
End of part 3.
Two parts in one day, hooray! Venny is back so you can all chill out now, don't @ me about it anymore😂💜.