PART THIRTEEN: The Promotion

"Come in

"Come in." Ally never looks up from her computer before she invites people into her office, but she soon wishes she had this time.

Her stomach drops to the floor as Wilhemina slinks in through the glass door, she still has the same smug smile across her face that Ally remembers and it makes her feel uneasy.

The older brunette abruptly stands up out of her chair.
"What the fuck are you doing here?"

Wilhemina hovers a moment, undoing the button of her tailored lavender suit jacket before she sits down calmly and rests her cane on the side of the chair, never breaking her intense glare towards your fiancèe.

"I work here." The older redhead's voice is cold and matter-of-fact, just as it had been the very first time you'd met her. The two women can't hide their mutual disdain.

"I'm aware of that, I meant what are you doing here, in my office? Funny how you started not long after my fiancèe and I moved here."

"Purely coincidental, of course."

"Of course." Ally slowly sinks back down into her seat.

"In response to your question - I came to offer my congratulations regarding your upcoming promotion, (y/n) must be thrilled."

Ally barely manages to swallow her anger. "Don't you talk about her."

"You mean you haven't told her? Well then, I'll be sure to keep quiet as far as that's concerned the next time I'm with her. Although I do find it incredibly difficult to keep myself quiet around your fiancèe... I suppose I'll just have to find another way to occupy my tongue."

"The next time?"

"For a loving couple who are engaged to be married you certainly keep a lot of secrets from eachother."

"Get out you poisonous bitch!"

Wilhemina cackles as she stands up.
"I'm asking you once more to step aside. She loves me, you know that don't you."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Save yourself the humiliation and spare her all this unnecessary heartache. I can have you promoted to the highest possible position in this company - Alan seems to have taken quite a liking to me." She shudders with disgust.

"Then why don't you take the promotion? Why recommend me for it, hm?"

"You passed up the last promotion, it was a nice gesture on your part as was the marriage proposal. But we both know (y/n) doesn't stand a chance against your precious career. Don't be foolish. Let her go, Ally."

"A nice gesture? Don't patronize me. You honestly think you're being the bigger person by coming here and practically begging me to walk away from the woman I love? Go to hell."

"As you wish." Wilhemina turns on her heel, the sound of her cane striking the hard floor bounces off the glass walls. She shoots Ally one final piercing glare before she walks out of sight.

Your fiancèe leans back in her chair, her heart pounding hard against her chest as she wipes away the tears starting to escape down her cheek.
__________________
End of part 14. 😢
I'm constantly conflicted writing this, just as much as you lot are reading it 🤯.
Hope you're liking it 💜❤.