PART SIXTEEN: Trust Me

Your stomach drops as you screen yet another call from Wilhemina

Your stomach drops as you screen yet another call from Wilhemina. It was only last night you'd told her it was over, but it feels as if you've been apart from her forever.

You throw your phone towards the end of the bed, pulling the covers up over your head.

I miss you.

It's your day off again, they seem to come around faster each week. Since Ally was earning more now you'd gone part time when you'd moved - a decision you're now beginning to regret as it gives you more time to think and get trapped in your head.

I could just call her and apologise, to make sure she's okay...I could tell her Ally wanted me to end it, but I didn't want to end it. Stop! You're marrying Ally, you've made a decision-

You jump out of your thoughts to loud, rapid knocks on the door.

"Fuck!"

You throw yourself out of bed, pulling on your slippers before tightening your messy bun and making your way downstairs.

The front door is flung towards you with such force it almost hits you in the face. It takes you a moment to gather yourself as your heart thuds in your chest.

"You almost broke my nose!"

Wilhemina leans onto her cane.
"You don't want to see me anymore?"

You walk towards the living room and drop down onto the couch, the older redhead follows your lead.

"Were you waiting outside the house all morning?"

"Yes. It's deplorable, I know. I never thought I'd behave like this for anyone - but I've always had very little control when it comes to you. You make me weak, but I accept that and everything that comes with it because I love you."

"Mina-"

"Tell me marrying Ally is what you want, truly. Tell me you're not in love with me."

"I can't."

"I never gave up hope of us being together. If you want me to fight for you then I will, I'll do anything for you."

"I don't want you to fight. I don't want to hurt anyone anymore, but I've put myself in an impossible situation. I love you, I do. But I love Ally too."

"I know that sweetheart. That's why I have to show you what Ally is really like and then you won't have to feel this guilt anymore."

"What do you mean?"

"I told you I had a plan and you said you trusted me, correct?"

"Yeah-"

"I need you to trust me."

You get a sickening twist in the pit of your stomach.

What has she done?!

"I trust you."

You swallow hard as the older redhead shuffles in closer, closing the small gap between you. She doesn't say a thing but holds your gaze.

"What?" You ask coyly.

"You know what. Just one kiss?"

You scoff. "I don't think I'll be able to stop at one."

You let Wilhemina turn your head and move towards your lips. She brushes over them with hers and you melt into her touch. "That's what I'm counting on."

************

Ally looks up from her laptop as there's a knock on her glass office door and sees Alan standing on the other side. She always makes a point of checking exactly who's knocking now, ever since Wilhemina paid her a surprise visit.

She gives her boss a smile as he approaches her desk.

"Sorry to disturb you Ally. I have good news for a change!"

Your fiancée chuckles as she signals to one of the chairs in front of her.

"Now I'm intrigued..."

"We want to send you as our representative to the Law Society Conference this year."

"Really? That's amazing-"

"The only catch is-"

"There it is-"

"You can't take (y/n) with you I'm afraid. She'll be temporarily transferred upstairs until you get back."

"I see."

"Don't pass up this opportunity Ally. (Y/n)'s a big girl. She'll manage fine without you for a few days, she's doing great. I want your decision by the end of the day."

"Thanks Alan."

Ally sinks back into her chair, tapping her pen against the desk as a million thoughts race through her head.
________________
End of part 16.
I rewrote this part slightly but I think I've got this story on the right track. I hope, lol 🤔.
Also I'll update 'First Dates' soon, literally keep forgetting about it 🙈.