1

"W-..What happened?" My eyes burned as they tried adjusting to the bright sunlight. I took a good look around me and saw that I was laying in a hospital bed.. bandages all over my body and no memory
Of what happened and how I got here.

"Oh my god your awake !!" Eri screamed jumping in to squeeze me tightly forgetting about my injuries.

"Ow!" I squealed In pain. The excited young girl jumped back apologizing repeatedly with tears in her eyes and continued to tell me how glad she was
That I'm ok and awake

"What happened ? Where Aizawa?" I asked and then it clicked. My last memory. Seeing katsuki. "KATSUKI!!" I yelled "is he ok!?"

Eri pouted as she took her seat. Her face said it all. The answer to my question wasn't going to be one I wanted to hear. "Im not supposed to tell you right away.." she claimed.

"Eri tell me ... I'm begging you ... please."

"He's the one who did this to you." She said softly. Dad was in pretty bad shape too."

"No" I said in disbelief "he wouldn't do this to us. Katsuki isn't like that."

"You seriously don't remember anything?" She asked "y/n ... you nearly died. Dad had to abort mission to get the both of you out alive. H...he's one of them."

"Katsuki attacked me? Like a serious attack?" I refuse to believe that he would hurt me to this extent. That's not the katsuki I knew. It couldn't be. He wanted to be a hero. Save people...

"He beaten you so bad you've been in a coma for about a month now. Recovery girl was barley able to help with her quirk alone. You went through several surgeries. And still have more to go through .. your body is permanently scarred from the third degree burns. Your looking at a lot of rehab but... most of your bodies burnt tissue is going to remain numb. . We don't know if your quirk will work on your right hand from it..."

I laid back and took in everything this 14 year old said. Still I'm in denial.. "why can't I remember."

"Amnesia?" She shrugged. "Honestly y/n... I don't think you want to remember. Dads been taking this super hard and .. he hasn't forgiven himself
For Not being able to save you sooner."

"But he was with me. Katsuki was alone"

"Bakugo activated a nomu. And-"

"He activated it?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing. He's working for the league of
Villains now? Was I really too late katsuki?

"What happened with everyone else?" I asked

"Everyone was ok. You and dad were the only ones who took a beating and because
Of your severe injuries and dad retreated they pulled everyone out."

"And Shoto?"

"He's been here everyday. He comes after work and leaves when dad comes to stay here at night."

"And where do you stay? If Aizawa is here at night?" I asked

"I still stay with dad at UA."

I forgot . I thought. Maybe my mind really is that fucked up.

"I should get the doctor and tell him your awake. The press has been bothering them everyday for you to make an appearance and talk about what happened. Just giving you a heads up. The worlds been worried about you."

"Sure" I mumbled. I watched Eri leave and instantly balled my eyes out. This couldn't be happening. Katsuki would never try to kill me. There's something more to the story I know it. I have to talk to aizawa. I have to get to the bottom of this.

A few moments later a huge commotion came from the hall and my door swung open

"Y/n!"

I looks at Aizawa in the eyes and felt myself crumble

I looks at Aizawa in the eyes and felt myself crumble. I no longer felt like the grown pro hero but a hurting child who was at the brink of death and a broken heart. "A-zaiwa.." I stuttered as the tears fell "What happened to me!" I cried out. He walked over to me and sat on the edge of the bed

Tears glossed his eyes as he gently placed my head onto his shoulder. "You're alive. That's all that matters now."

But that couldn't be any further from the truth. I didn't feel alive. I feel dead. Defeated.

I couldn't rescue my boyfriend.
How could I rescue anyone else?
The shame is eating me alive.

This made things so clear.

I didn't deserve to be a pro hero.