5

"Come one y/n you have to push harder." Todoroki sighed. He walked over to the bench and grabbed his water to guzzle it down.

"Easy for you to say. I feel like im pushing as hard as i can right now shoto. Its been 3 weeks of nothing but training. My quirk just wont cover my left arm anymore." I sat down at the bench and faced the floor feeling defeated and defective . "If my quirk wont work on my dominant hand ... I need to give up being a pro hero."

"If your quirk wont work on your dominant hand than you get a new suit to apply something on that hand to help you pack a punch.. You have this super human strength. We're just gonna have to train your right hand to be dominant then. But its not the end of the world," Typical shoto. Always so optimistic. How i envy that. My career is on a complete pause until my strength is back up and ive been dropped from the bakugo case... more like i'm told to stay off seeing how it wasn't my case to begin with.

"Your birthday is tomorrow " He said changing the subject. "momo wants to throw you something at that bar she loves."

"When?"

"Tonight."

"Can i say no?" i asked 

"No" he laughed.

"Well who's gonna be there?" i furrowed my eyebrows and waited. "I dont relly talk to too many people other than you."

"Our old classmates, Some pro heros. Erasure head."

"Definitely no! i cant enjoy myself with Aizawa breathing down my neck! he's gonna act like sober police."

"He's there more than you think, Midnights been dragging him out."

"Are they a .. thing?" 

"looks like it. He wont say anything though. but -"

"never mind. I dont want to know." I shuttered at the thought of Aizawa being with someone as sexual as midnight. Just for safe precautions , I'm never touching his scarf.

"Your coming. besides we have a big surprise for you."

"great." I said sarcastically.

"breaks over. get up and start over."

.

.

.

"I dont want to go in." i crossed my arms and pouted.

"Come on y/n! its gonna be fun!" Kirishima tried convincing me before picking up and throwing me over his shoulder. "You leave me no other choice! Tomorrows your birthday and im not gonna let you pass up some good old fashion birthday fun!"

"Alright!!! can you just put me down?!"

"No can do! i know you, you'll just run off."

Damn he was right. That was exactly my plan.

"And just incase you decide to run off when were inside im gonna have to warn you Tamaki has been instructed to get all octopus on you if you try to leave before the parties over."

"I can just intimidate him. Who's dumb idea was that?"

"come on y/n. youve been in a funk since you came back from the states almost a year ago. We all miss you, the real you. You owe it to yourself to have fun even if its for just one night."

"ok" i sighed.

as we walked in every shouted their happy birthdays and greeted me with hugs and shots. thank god for the shots. once the hype was over with and everyon was either dancing or chatting away i found myself at the bar.

"Come on kid your started to look like me.." Aizawa joked taking a seat next to me ad passing over a beer. "You were more of a party animal before."

"Yea when I had nothing to worry about.  I dont think i'll eve have my quirk on my left hand again. Idk what to do."

"just keep training. If worse comes to worse, we always have Eri. She's getting the hang of controlling her quirk. It'll only be a matter of time before shes able to help out with that."

"I guess."

"What else is eating you?"

"Overhaul..." i admitted. "he's so unpredictable.. he said he was gonna keep in touch but.. Does that mean hes following me or something?"

"Your thinking too much."

"Ok birthday girl!! close your eyes!!!" mina came over with a blind fold and lead me throught out the bar and everyone sang. 

"Make a wish , blow out the candles and look at your gift!!"

I ignored the wish part , blew out the candles and removed my blindfold..

everyone waited in anticipation. waiting for a reaction.. joy .. smiles..They got none of it.. I just stared blankly.

"H-happy birthday.."

Katsuki...

I couldnt tell what was faster.. my heart of my legs. 

But i had to leave. 

I couldnt face him..

All I could see when i saw him were glimpses of his face as he tormented me before I blacked out.. What did everyone expect? what did I expect?

To welcome him back with open arms?  Pick up where we left off.

Maybe....

But i cant.  I'm both saddened and afraid.

"Y/N!" shoto shouted as he ran after me

"YOU SET ME UP!" i yelled turning around slapping him in the face. "How dare you, all of you.. throw him in my face like this like if he wasn't the reason I was in a coma."

"I thought you wanted to save him?"

"saving him and him being thrown at me unsuspectedly are wayyyyyy 2 different things!" I was on the verge of a panic attack. I could feel my throat tightening. "I'm glad he's safe now.. but make sure you tell him I said to stay away from me."

.

.

"Shouldve seen her face..She hates me." Bakugo sighed 

"She doesnt hate you, this is a lot to take to in .. She'll come around." Mitsuki said.  Don't beat yourself up. just do what you can to remind her why you two fell in love in the first place.."

"you dont get it...." Katsuki covered his face from the obvious shame .. "THAT.. that barely worked the first time."