9

I patiently waited at the small rounded table while I secretly stared at Bakugo cook. I couldn't help but think a man cooking was such an attractive sight. Especially when he's already attractive. I remember watching him cook since he started learning. And every time I stared in admiration. Needless to say, that hadn't changed.

He poured some soup and placed it infront of me and started chomping down. I took my chopsticks and immediately my mouth started to water. The smell of the broth and the spices hugged my nose and teased my empty stomach. I took a bite and rolled my eyes back as a smile stretched out on my face "mmm" I groaned with a mouthful.

"Glad to know I can still make you smile somehow." He grinned. I shot him a glance warning him not to get ahead of himself.

" this is better than your moms. I've been craving her  ramen for so long. The states doesn't know what real ramen is. Theirs taste like plastic."

"What the hell did you eat then?"

"Lots of greasy food. Burgers, bbqs, I was always on the go. Hardly had real ramen and rice."

"How'd you keep your figure?"

"Oh ? You mean I don't look like a man anymore?" I teased. I was slowly warming up to Katsuki. I forgot how easy it was for me to talk to him. We always had this connection. I couldn't deny that. Like k can't deny that it's happening right now.

"Tch don't push your luck. Your arms look bigger than mine." He looked back at his plate and smiled for an instant. He finally felt like he was breaking through that wall he made me put up.

I didn't fight him on his remark. Why ruin a good thing by keeping it going and end up arguing for real. I continued to eat my food followed by a long hot shower. By the time I got out Katsuki was fast asleep on the bed .

"Idiot." I mumbled. He purposely fell asleep first because he knew I didn't want to share a bed. I sighed and looked at the floor. "Ugh" i gave up. There was no way I'd fall asleep on that floor . I laid in my spot and decided to be considerate by sharing the covers. I leaned over and slowly slid the blanket over top of him.

"Katsuki!" I yelled as he grabbed me by the neck. His eyes were lost as his body jolted and reacted instantly without a second thought. My voice must've brought him back to reality because he quickly let me go and begun cursing himself.

"Fuck" he balled his fists. I rubbed my neck, my heart beat was running a thousand miles. I was scared but katsuki's gaze was bothering me.

"What did they do to you?" I asked.

"I . I didn't mean that." He sighed not daring to look at me. Afraid that he lost the small bit of hope he gained during dinner. "I'll sleep on the floor-"

"Katsuki.." i said sternly "What did they do to you?"

"Did i hurt you?" His voice sounded so hurt.. so concerned.. so.. devastated.

"No I'm fine." He stood up and grabbed a pillow but I placed my hand over top. " that floor is really uncomfortable. Just stay here. It's cold anyways and there's only one blanket."

He tugged at the pillow but I didn't budge.  "I'm cold too.." I blurted. "Your like a living heater." I tried to joke around but his serious expression didn't leave his face. "Please.. I'm ok.."

Giving up he laid back down but made sure to keep his distance. "I'm sorry" mumbled

"For what?"

"For not knowing sooner that something was wrong. Instead of waiting 5 years.."

"You didn't know."

"But I should've. I can't even begin to imagine what you had to go through for 5 years."

"Goodnight" he said rudely and turned over. I knew he didn't mean to be malicious. It's just in his nature to be disconnected when bothered. Maybe I've been a little too rough on him. The scars on his body, defensive in his sleep.... I'm not the only one going through a tough time with this.

"Night katsuki"