6

I found myself at the nearest park. Taking a seat on the swing I had to reflect on everything that just happened.

Firstly, katsuki has been rescued and I one told me.
Secondly, I'm experiencing a feeling I never got from him before. Fear.. why was I so afraid of him? We've fought plenty of time. Sparring, competitions.. was it the severity that changed it all? Does this mean the relationship he and I had before I left is really over?

I gripped my shirt over my heart responding to the sharp pain. Invisible needles jamming into my heart as though someone had my voodoo doll and a grudge. Yet I still couldn't find the tears to cry. Other than fear and anger I'm completely numb.

Did katsuki expect me to welcome him with open arms? I hurried my face in my hands unable to control the racing thoughts. I was so confused. I wanted this. I wanted Bakugo back and to be in his arms and yet my legs locked when I saw him and sprinted away.

Then there's Todoroki. He didn't deserve that slap. I was mentally beating myself up for it but I was on full blown fight and flight. In that order. I should apologize but my stubbornness wants him to. Because he knew I wasn't ready for a surprise like this. Not the way it happened. He should have known. He knew how conflicted I was over this whole mess. But again. They were trying to do something kind.

"I'm such a piece of shit." I sighed loudly.

"Your telling me." I turned around startled to see katsuki there with his hands inside his pocket. He looks just as nervous as me.. I wonder if his legs are shaking like mine. Or if his fists are locked in fear inside his pocket like mine that are glued to these cold Chains on this swing.  If they were frozen I'd probably run again.

"Why are you here?" I asked looking away and facing forward. My heart pounded so loudly it sounds like a native practicing on a drum before war..

"My house is across the street.. I needed air.. why are you?" I looked at my surroundings and realized he was right. His mothers house is tight there. Did I run this far without noticing or did my subconscious betray me like my friends?

I didn't know what to say to him so I said nothing. He walked over the swing farthest from mine and took a seat. "I haven't seen you in years.."

"You saw me last month. Or was that 2 months ago? I can't tell . I was in a coma so my time frames aren't as accurate right now."

"You think I wanted to do that to you!" He growled trying to keep his composure. The rise in his tone made me flinch and I saw the hurt in his eye as he seen it. Taking a few deep breathes he calmed down before starting again. "I told you to leave. You didn't want to go. I told you they were gonna make me... hurt you if they knew you were there and that's exactly what happened. And you still refused to leave.."

I guess he waited for a response but I have none. What can I say to that? My memories of that day is still hazy..

"I hate myself for what I did to you." His voice cracked as he struggled to fight back tears. "I missed you so fucking much.. I just wanna hold you you damn idiot!"

He stood up from the swing and I jumped off and stood back. "Don't touch me!"

I've never seen katsuki look this said before. He was fighting a whole battle in his head right now. Touch me and risk pushing me away or tormenting himself and respecting my wishes.

"So what now? Where does this leave us?" He asked "tell me now so I know wether to move on with my life or not! I ain't got all night!"

Move on with your life.

I wanted to say it. I really did. But for some reason I couldn't bring the words out of my mouth. Apart of me wanted him still.

"I need time !" I shouted. "Time away from you.. to figure shit out.."

"Well that's not gonna happen ! You had 5 years away from me and frankly I think that's distant enough."

"You almost killed me Bakugo." My knees trembled

"Fine. I'll make the decision for you. What we had is done. I'm moving in with my life!"

"Fine." I mumbled.

"F-fine! I don't need this !!" I watched katsuki stormed away and head to his mothers house.

I know this was needed but I knew it's not what I wanted. Yet I couldn't help but agree. I have to put myself first this time.  That means train my quirk , get mentally stable and get my life back on track before I think about us..

I'm just not sure if there will be an us to come back to. Either way... I'm making a promise to myself. I won't cry over this. I'm done being emotional. My career and quirk is first. If he moves on... then that's one less thing I need to worry about then.

"As a matter of fact" Bakugo said turning back around "I take it back. Your not getting the easy way out. I'm gonna win you over again! Like hell I'll let you ever be with someone else !! I'm picking you up tomorrow morning so be ready!!! GOT IT!???"

 I'm gonna win you over again! Like hell I'll let you ever be with someone else !! I'm picking you up tomorrow morning so be ready!!! GOT IT!???"