CHAPTER 5

They have been sitting under the table for at least 30 minutes now. Jaemin felt the need to stretch, and he wanted food, but there's no way he was taking any chances. He stayed on his phone for most of the time, until his wifi got got off and the power cut off. He could tell because the digital time on the microwave and oven had shut off.
He then felt a small shake. He felt the house begin to shake more and more.
Things immediately started crashing down all around him. The picture frames on the walls, the plates and bowls in the cabinets, the vases all around the house, and basically anything you could imagine.
Jaemin didn't think it could get any worse, but it did.
The windows started to shatter and some small buildings outside started to collapse. Lamp posts fell, and small trees fell.
The loud rumbling then stopped after 15 seconds.
It was quiet. Too quiet.
Then almost immediately, he heard sirens. Ambulances and fire trucks. They sped along the roads.
Jaemin was frozen though. He looked around the house, pretty much everything has shattered across the floor. The floor was covered in glass.
Jaemin then looked at his parents. Their faces were full of shock as well.
He crawled out from under the table and continued looking around. He walked over to the window, extremely careful of the glass.
He looked outside and was even more shocked and terrified than he already was. He felt so lucky that his house stayed intact. There were a few other buildings that survived, but almost all of them were now gone.
Jaemin was on the verge of tears, but he kept it in.
His parents came out from under the table. His mother started crying from the destruction. His dad comforted her, but Jaemin remained looking out the window.
He now started seeing thick and black smoke rising from afar.
He can assume fires started, as the sky was quickly darkened by the ashes and smoke in the air.
He took out his phone to check the time. It was getting even more dark since it was half past 7.
Jaemin stood there, doing nothing but staring outside for another 30 minutes before he decided to check his phone.
He used his data to text his friends.

[Big Dick Energy]

are you guys okay..?-

Haechan: well i'm not dead. but somebody is.

Jisung: Huh? wdym?

DEAD??-

Renjun: omg no, are you serious?????

Chenle: OMG WHO?????

Haechan: i honestly don't know if i even have the strength to type his name. i'm devastated.

Chenle: JUST TELL US OMG

Jisung: Exactly! please!?

Haehcan: i don't know..

omg just tell us-

Renjun: just say it

Chenle: cmon 😭😭

Haehcan is typing...

Jaemin look at his phone anxiously. His hand tightly gripped his phone as he trembled in fear.

Haechan: the one who hasn't texted anything the past few minutes.

It took a second for Jaemin to realize. But once he realized, he felt tears streaming down his face.

Chenle: don't tell me..

Jisung: No..

Renjun: please say this is a joke

fuck-

"M-Mark.." Jaemin spoke aloud.

Instagram: Yeoxsang