CHAPTER 26

A few hours after the incident

Jaemin woke up at 7:00AM for work. He took his phone off the charger and did his daily things before getting up. One of the first things to do was to text Jeno good morning. He then checked the weather to see if he needed an umbrella or not, and thankfully it wasn't suppose to rain.
After that, he checks out the news for a good 5-10 minutes. After scrolling through some nonsense stuff, his attention was caught by one of the articles that was posted just an hour ago. The title of the article stated, "Famous doctor's assistant found stabbed and poisoned in his own home after a call for help". Jaemin immediately tapped to read more. He was horrified after seeing a picture of a familiar face. It was a picture of Jeno.
Jaemin's heart stopped. He didn't want to read any longer, but he had to. The article was short, but he found out it was the boy he met awhile back who poisoned Jeno.
Jaemin had to visit Jeno. He quickly dialed his boss's number and told him something urgent had happened and he needed to miss work for the day. Unfortunately, his boss wouldn't let him. After the call, Jaemin groaned in anger, because he would have to wait 9 hours before he could see Jeno.
He put his phone down and went to the bathroom to get ready for work.
After work was finished, he ran out as quickly as he could and got on a bus to take him to the hospital where he assumed Jeno was at.
Once he arrived, he ran into the hospital and asked a man at the front desk if he could see Lee Jeno.
He nodded and told Jaemin what floor and room number he was in, but he couldn't visit for long because the doctors have to do more tests on him.
Jaemin thanked the man and ran towards an elevator to his left. He pressed the button about a hundred times before an elevator opened just a few seconds later. He got on with a couple other people and pressed the floor number, which was floor 3. He tapped his foot anxiously, not wanting to wait any longer. Once the elevator door opened to the right floor, he ran out and asked a nearby worker where room 82 was. After he got the directions, he hastily made his way to the room.
He was now standing in front of room 82, and was so nervous. He didn't know if Jeno was awake or not, but he decided to knock lightly anyways before walking in.
He was surprised to find him awake. Jaemin closed the door and ran towards Jeno.

"Jeno! Are you okay???" Jaemin started bawling his eyes out and knelt down beside the bed. He planted his face on the mattress and cried even harder.

"Jaemin, why are you crying, there's no need to cry." Jeno ran through Jaemin's hair.

"Y-y-y-yes there i-i-i-is!!"

Jeno weakly laughed, "I cant understand you, look up."

Jaemin looked up towards Jeno and wiped his tears, "I do have a reason to cry! You're hurt!"

Jeno placed his hand on the side of Jaemin's face, "I'm not hurt, i'm doing fine." He smiled.

That was a lie. Jeno was in overwhelming pain. The stab wound was excruciating, but what was even worse was the poison. It was hard to breathe, and his heart rate was going crazy. He felt like he wasn't going to make it, but he had to act like he was fine.

"No you're not! You're going to die!" Jaemin started crying again like a child have a temper tantrum.

"That's ridiculous, Jaemin. I'm not going to die. I'll be fine before you know it."

"Are you sure?" Jaemin sniffled.

"Yes,"

There was a knock at the door and 2 doctors came in. The boys attention was now on them.

"Cmon kid, visiting time for Mr. Lee is over." One of them said.

Jaemin stood up slowly and held Jeno's hand.

"I'll see you later." Jaemin whispered as Jeno nodded.

Jaemin quickly pecked Jeno's hand, which resulted with a small chuckle from the older.
He let go of his hand and walked out of the room.
He sighed and wiped a few remaining tears from his face, before leaving the hospital.