CHAPTER 9

[UNEDITED]

"Mr. Lee," a nurse stopped Jeno in the middle of the hallway.

Jeno turned towards the lady, "Yes?"

"Dr. Kang wants to see you in his office." She said.

"Oh, um okay. Thank you." Jeno bowed and quickly made his way to his Boss' office.

Jeno knocked on the door and waited for a second before coming in.

"Ah, Mr. Lee, thank you for coming quickly." Mr. Kang said and directed Jeno to sit in front of his desk.

Jeno closed the door behind him and sat down in front of the desk. "Yes, Mr. Kang?"

"I'm sure you've heard about the tragedy in Japan, right?" He said.

Jeno nodded his head.

"Japan is in need of assistance, because there are very few doctors who are able to help. I've chosen you to go along with a few other workers, because I know i can rely on you. You're fluent in Japanese and you're a very talented young man."

Jeno slightly blushed from the compliment. "So, you're saying you want me to travel to Japan?"

"Yes. You can't technically get yourself out of this situation because you'll be leaving to Japan tomorrow." Mr. Kang chuckled, "And you'll be staying for a few days until they've found as many survivors as they can. You'll be there to help aid survivors along the way, and then we have been told to transfer the survivors to this hospital for further medical care."

Jeno was lowkey, well highkey, excited to go to Japan because he has always wanted to go to Japan. But... at the same time... Japan is destroyed and he's there for an extremely serious cause soooo.

"U-Um, yes sir. I will do my best to aid these survivors." Jeno said.

"Great! I knew i could count on you. Thank you for accepting this serious matter. Do you have any questions?"

"Well, can I be excused for the rest of today to pack?"

"Yes, you surely can. You don't need many things, our search and support team will provide most of the things you need."

"Okay. Well, thank you Mr. Kang." Jeno got up and bowed.

"I should be the one thanking you. I'm very grateful to have someone like you working for me. Good luck!"

Jeno thanked his boss once more before leaving.
Boy, was Jeno sweating like crazy.
It's always scary talking to his boss, even though he's very confortable with him.
Jeno was pretty terrified of being highly depended on. But he believed in himself. He motivated himself to move forward to aid Japan the best he could.
Now this was going to be a long journey he'll never forget.