CHAPTER 23

[UNEDITED]

2 Weeks Later

For the past few days, Jeno feels like he was being watched. He just knew that feeling straight away. He never felt like he was being watched at the hospital, but whenever he went out to do his own deeds, he always had that chilling creep down his spine.
He didn't think he could do anything about it, except to be careful with his surroundings. He tried to never be alone. He went out into crowded places, which wasn't hard because he lived in Seoul, he always arrived home just as the sky was getting faintly darker, and he made sure he had his phone with him at all times. Maybe Jeno was just being too paranoid, and no one was actually watching him, but he didn't want to take the risk. If the feeling continued on for another week, he would need to tell somebody.

One day, Jeno was out to buy groceries. He noticed a particularly strange man. He couldn't make out his face at all, but everything about him screamed suspicious. He seemed to have followed him for the past 5 minutes. He tried to grab everything that he needed as fast as he could, because he needed to get home quickly before something happens. Luckily it was only 5PM so it was still bright outside.
An idea struck Jeno, and he decided to call Jaemin, just in case the man was up to no good.
It would most likely make the strange person walk away, because he obviously didn't wanna get caught while Jeno was on the phone.
After buying all his groceries, he looked around swiftly and indeed saw the man. He was about 20 feet away from him "acting" like he was looking for something.
He took out his phone and dialed Jaemin's number.
He picked up immediately which was good.

"Hey Jeno, what's up?"

"Oh nothing, I just wanted to check up on how my best friend is doing."

"Are you sure? Because you like never do this."

"Umm, yeah. I just felt like it today, you know?"

"Um, okay anyways. I'm doing good. How about you?"

Jeno exited the store and became walking back home.

"I'm doing great. Oh by the way, have you heard about this new movie coming out next week?"

"Oh yeah! I have. It looks really good."

"Yep. Wanna go see it when it comes out?"

"Oh yeah sure. I think i'm free."

"What do you mean by you think?"

"Oh, I totally forgot to tell you that I applied for a new job yesterday. I have an interview in a couple days."

Jeno looked around his surroundings and again, found the strange man. He tried to not make it look obvious that he was looking for him.

"Jeno?"

"Oh, yeah sorry, um that's great! What's the job?"

"Are you okay? You seem a little odd today."

"Yeah, I'm fine. There's nothing to worry about..." Jeno trailed off as he saw the person in the corner of his eye.

How did he get so close.. Jeno thought.

"Are you sure?? You can tell me anything."

Jeno ignored and picked up his pace a little. His house was only a few blocks away.
There were less people around the area, which meant he was now an easier target

"I-I'll tell you later, just stay on the call, please." Jeno whispered into the phone.

Jaemin was suddenly getting worried, what could this mean?

"I will."

"So what's your new job?" Jeno said as calmly as he could.

"I just got a job as a grocery store bagger. It's not the best but I'll still get money out of it."

Jeno finally reached his home and quickly unlocked the door, "Hahaha, you're right. At least you got a new job now!"

Jeno walked into his home and made sure his front door was securely locked, and preceded to make sure all his windows and other doors leading to outside were locked as well.

"Let's meet up tomorrow at 5. Is that alright?"

"Yes, where at?"

"I'll come over."

"Okay."

"Bye."

"Bye."